Isaac
Years ago

Overtime line-up change: Henry out, Gaze in

Yet to be officially announced, but heard it from a number of sources - Andrew Gaze will replace Conner Henry on One HD's Overtime show.

Thoughts?

Topic #24429 | Report this topic

Stringer Bell  
Years ago

he wasn't too shabby but don't like active coaches in a media job as they fence sit and hold back. Very impressed with the guy with no chin tho'.

Reply #298065 | Report this post

ritz  
Years ago

connor was boring, Gazey is good on his podcast show hopefully he brings that energy to the show...

Reply #298067 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Gaze will be a good addition IMO. And whilst he will always have a bias towards his beloved Tigers, he generally tells it as he sees it.

Gaze also appears on SEN radio in Melbourne most mornings (7:30am-9am) during the week, and he has been great in ensuring basketball gets a regular mention. In fact he has also secured some big names to interview over the past two weeks, including the NBA's Stu Jackson (Executive Vice President, Basketball Operations) but also San Antonio Spurs Head Coach Gregg Popovich as recently as yesterday.

Gaze may be able to use his network of contacts to get a few more guest interviews and link them in with the Overtime program. This would add further credibility and interest to the program.

Reply #298070 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

I'd like to see a shoot out between Gaze and Oscar Schmidt, perhaps they could try and arrange that for later in the series?

Reply #298073 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

There is the best news I've heard in a loooooong time! No to get Gazey to learn an American accent...

Reply #298075 | Report this post

illicit  
Years ago

yeah Gaze an Carfino will be fun both aren't afraid to make a fool of themselves, Henry was ok, but the show needs more flair.

Looking forward to the next ep

Reply #298076 | Report this post

Gun Shooter  
Years ago

We are in San Fran at the moment went to see Golden State play San Antonio we saw Phil Smyth spending considerable time before the game and after the game talking with Coach Popovich is he getting back into coaching? At our motel we also saw him with Brett Brown we spoke with Brown later in the day when we bumped into him in the foyer a terrific guy.We said we saw you with Phil Smyth to which he responded yeh we were talking hoops he has a great basketball mind always learn something about the game from Phil.Brown seems to rate him highly is he lost to basketball in Australia?

Reply #298081 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I think Lanard Copeland would bring energy to the program if he wanted the gig. But I think he's happy promoting nightclub events at present and whatever else he's up too.

Reply #298085 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would have preferred that they got rid of Carfino.

Reply #298087 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Great news Gaze is a fantastic personnality and brings alot of knowledge and fun to any show he presents on. Looking forward to this.

Reply #298095 | Report this post

smoovy  
Years ago

Posted in the thread before that they needed to get rid of the current two and get Gaze and I suggested Heal as the other one. But it can be someone else more recognisable, not JVG.

They also need to revamp the whole show. Be a little less serious and get some banter going. Show some old time footage "from the vault", get a skills challenge segment on there, a feature interview. There's your show, that's the show.

Reply #298097 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:51 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754