m dizzle
Years ago

Any Bobcats fans out there?

Im a bobcats fan and im wonderin are there actually ne other bobcats fans out there??? i mean wit G-Dub Oak, PRIMOZ, and brevin knight.....how can u not like them?

Topic #2444 | Report this topic

TR  
Years ago

Yep, a Cats fan. Now here's a question, if the Cats get the number 1 pick in the draft, who do they choose????

Bogut, but they already have Primoz and Okafor pencilled in and they are performing well (Okafor for ROY). The problem with that is I don't believe that Okafor could play a small forward position, and I can't see Bogut keeping up with small forwards either. Primoz is nothing but a centre.

Maybe they could do a Vlade and Brad Miller tagteam type of thing and have Bogut running the high post.

Do they select Chris Paul??? Mind you Brevin Knight is averaging 8.9 apg, second best in the league thank you. Plus he's easy on the salary cap. Jason Hart is a good second PG.

If they select Bogut, then the Cats need to go out and grap some decent spot up shooters. Kapano is good, Wallace is a slasher, they need a JJ Redick/Korver/Frahm type of shooter.

I think that the Cats should probably grab either Bogut or Marvin Williams if he declares. If they get Bogut then that's a good problem to have. Williams can slot straight into the SF spot.

The future is looking pretty good for the Cats.

Reply #27458 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I was just reading the write up on the Cats v Bulls game.

Funny thing is that Brevin Knight and Tyson Chandler both got ejected for fighting each other. Brevin is under 6 foot, whilst I think Chandler is a 7 footer. Would be been an interesting fight to watch.

Reply #27464 | Report this post

coach k  
Years ago

What about Ben Gordon - 35 points (22 in 4th quarter) in 23 minutes, on 11-17 shooting. ROY??

Reply #27467 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Yep, Gordon is definately a candidate. I think it's between him and Okafor.

The thing with Gordan's 35 points is the crazy 22 points in the 4th quarter.

Reply #27468 | Report this post

coach k  
Years ago

Gordon lead's the league in double digit 4th quarters. I think that is now 21??

Reply #27470 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Gordon is also a killer of the Nestle's Crunch player as he scores a heap of points in the last two minutes of the game.

Reply #27471 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Also today, Steve Nash has a triple double (12, 13 and 12) with a quarter still to play. The Suns are up 20+ against the 76ers.

Reply #27473 | Report this post

coach k  
Years ago

Thanks for ruining it Isaac. Was looking forward to watching the replay of that game tonight :)

Reply #27474 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Nice work Foreman! Ya just ruined my evening...

Reply #27475 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

bobcats have lost alot of close games this year so there are definately some positives, theyve also beaten miami, detroit, houston and some other good teams. i think marvin williams wud b the best pick for them, hed b an instant impact rookie and wud fit nicely into their sf rotation. if bogut is available hed b hard to pass up but the pistons passed up on carmello anthony in 2003 and went on to win the championship. so sumtimes u have to draft to ur teams needs not just the best players. if they r looking for a pg deron williams might also b a candidate.

Reply #27542 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

How are Big Oak and Gerald Wallace going?

Reply #27914 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

Okafor 15.4 ppg, 10.9 rpg, 1.7 bpg......4th in the NBA in double doubles behind kg, marion, and nash

G-dub (wallace) 11ppg, 5.4 rpg.....little inconsistent but fairly good season

Reply #29765 | Report this post

ITA  
Years ago

whoops, sorry dizzle, if i read that earlier i would not have claimed you as a spur! ha ha!

but okafor and knight are holding together my fantasy NBA team... we in the GF! so they aight.

Reply #29768 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Okafor should be ROY, the fella is constantly double teamed as is still putting up a double-doubles at will. OK, he's had a few bad games, but what rook doesn't.

If I were Bickerstaff I would be locking in Brevin Knight for a lengthy stay in Charlotte. The lad pushes out dimes as freqently as I fart. Second best in the league thankyou....and he's cheap with the Cats salary cap being less than anyone team in the league.

Personally I think the Cats need a better SF/SG, unfortunately the upcoming draft doesn't contain many of them. I like the look of Danny Granger (possible with the Cats second 1st round pick), but no way would he be my 1st, 2nd or 3rd pick in the draft. I would be looking at Bogut or Paul for my picks. If Bogut is selected keep him, if Paul is still around trade him like Atlanta did with Harris last year.

The Cats have 2 picks in the upcoming draft (2 in the Top 15), fingers crossed a top 3, and if the Cavs don't make the playoffs then another lottery. Two lottery picks would be a nice addition to Okafor, Knight, Brezec

Reply #29816 | Report this post

Brian  
Years ago

I am a fan.you are right we don't need the best player we need to look at are position we need help on and is on SF and the pg position and Gerlad green and Raymond felton will be the best two right now

Reply #38654 | Report this post

okafur  
Years ago

i like bobcat cuz of "super rookie" Okafur

Reply #38661 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Brian, Agreed, but I now think that Chris Paul will slip to us at 5, or they will take Gerald Green and trade him to the Blazers (if they take Paul) and maybe chucking some cash as well.

I wasn't exactly a fan of Paul, I would prefer Deron Williams (little taller and stronger), but if Paul does slip then the Cats are mad in not taking him (and maybe trading him to get some more help). I can't see the Cats moving into the 1 or 2 slot of the draft. The only player that could help got those picks is 'untouchable' as far as I'm concerned. If they trade Okafor then they need their heads ripped off and shoved where the sun don't shine....

The other option maybe to take Gerald Green at 5, keep him and hope that Felton slides a little to 13. I would prefer this to anything above. The Cats also have heaps of cap room this year, maybe they could shop for a decent PG.

Marko Jaric is a restricted free agent, great size and game. Could be a good fit, resign Brevin Knight as a back-up, and maybe somehow get a second round pick and look at a euro PG and keep them O/S for a while.

Reply #38680 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:19 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754