Jack Toft
Years ago

NH: Wikileaks. When will Assange be terminated?

By now everyone should know about Wikileaks. The website that has caused much embarrassment to the US Government by leaking sensitive documents showing alleged war crimes committed in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Wikileaks frontman, Julian Assange, has been elusive for a number of years to protect his personal safety. Suddenly, he is now facing a charge of rape and is on the top ten list of the CIA's most wanted. One US soldier is in jail for leaking documents and is likely to be there for a long time.

The CIA are not people you really want to annoy. They have a colourful history of changing governments (refer Guatamala 1954 and the American Banana Company), funding terrorists to upsets legally elected governments (most Central American countries), funding terrorists to fight American enemies (eg Mudjahadin in Afghanistan), and assassinations and assassination attempts (a very long list here....) on people they don't like.

Some of these assassination attempts are not obvious and include things like poisoning a victim's toothpaste tube.

I wonder when Julian Assange will have an "unfortunate accident"?

Topic #24443 | Report this topic

Bobby tables  
Years ago

Doubtful. For one thing, it'd martyr him. For another thing, who knows what kind of stuff wikileaks is holding on to, to leak in the case he is killed, I doubt any governments would risk it.

Reply #298266 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Depends on whether you think Wikileaks is just one nerdy guy fighting the establishment ..... or is funded by an underground movement of high-powered people and/or governments using it for their own means.

I find the former hard to believe.

Reply #298270 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It's far from one person - he's just the public face. I believe the inner group have a dead man's switch should something happen to them.

Reply #298278 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

You portray the 'nice and public image' of the CIA there Jack....

Reply #298281 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Of course, the other people you don't want to annoy are the Mossad - just ask that Syrian dude.

Hang on, we can't. A group of agents using Australian passports met with him in his hotel room.

Reply #298292 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Might be a confirmed suicide in the press soon, Assange found with two self-inflicted bullet holes to the head.

Reply #298293 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gee if the CIA is that bad Jack I would be wary who is watching you put the garbage out now that you have spilled the beans on them

Reply #298319 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I would be on their radar already.....

Reply #298320 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Be more worried about the Shin Bet and the Aman... Mossad is what they want to show.

Reply #298322 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Arrested - after handing himself in to police , in London. ( just then on ABC news )

Reply #298779 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I hope we don't see any "accidents" while he is in protective custody. It's strange how some sane men seem to suicide as well.

Do any of the warders have a copy of Catcher in the Rye?

Reply #298785 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Did anyone see that picture of the Wikileaks cavern yesterday? Reminds me of Isaac's setup for Hoops.

Reply #299448 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:24 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754