Isaac
Years ago

A Chris Anstey import challenge

Chris Anstey on Twitter:

Very excited about the likelihood of having another ex teammate from Russia join the NBL!! Stay tuned
His Russian teams:
Ural Great 2002-03
UNICS Kazan 2003–05
And there's been a rumour he might replace Westover as coach.

Not Muursepp. Not Shirley. That leaves 4 import options I think.

Anyone with Eurobasket membership want to try and work it out?

Kings will be replacing McCullough, Adelaide need a new import and Townsville might not be overjoyed with Freeman. The Melbourne link might indicate something too.

Topic #24451 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

Travis Best sounds like a fit (Unics Kazan 2004-05) and would be a good guess. A 5'11" point guard who last played in Italy from what I gather. Has plenty of experience.

Reply #298413 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

After taking into account that i wouldnt think it would be someone over 35, my guesses would be Shammond Williams, Sam Clancy Jr, Samakai Walker, Joe Forte,

My guess is if its the kings they would probably be looking for a PF, where McCullough was playing (i think?) so my Guesss would be Clancy or Walker, given Walker appears to have signed a recent contract id guess Clancy

If its the 36ers would be out of Williams and Forte, Forte is younger (and would be my pick if he can play atleast 15 mins at PG and run a team), but is listed as a sg so would be risking the same problems with Winder as a SG trying to be a Pg but if he is a bit more of a PG/Combo guard than Winder he could be a great fit, i remember a bit of hype about him coming into the nba 5-10 years ago.

If its the tigers my guess is Forte as they would be looking for a sg to replace Devendorf.

Anyway purely guesses, will be interesting to see who it is an what team, Forte is the most talented (or atleast name i recognise the best) other than Travis Best who is 38 years old so i ruled him out on that basis.

Reply #298426 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Isaac, while due to budgetary restraints my Eurobasket membership lapsed some time ago (!), my guess would be if it is the Tigers it would be Eddie Shannon, a guard that I think Anstey loved playing with at Ural, and who would be a very good complement for Williams.

Reply #298429 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

BTW - he would be a pretty good choice for Adelaide too, a smart veteran point guard to bring out the strengths in the young group (and Balls). That is what they needed from the start.

Reply #298437 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Signed, sealed and nearly delivered. Great to have another former teammate join the #nbl

Reply #298438 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

Sydney are going after a PF that used to play in the NBA - Samaki Walker?

Reply #298464 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:48 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754