A.W
Years ago

CP3 v Rondo.

Who is better?
CP3 or Rondo?

I have an ongoing argument with a mate, I think CP3, he thinks Rondo.

I think the key stat to assess point guards on is the assist to turn over ratio.

So far this season:
CP3 - 4.2:1 & Rondo 3.45:1 (4/12/2010)

Also taking into account Rondo has a much better team around him.

Thoughts?

Topic #24461 | Report this topic

XztatiK  
Years ago

CP3 by a mile.

Then Deron. Rose to overtake everyone by 2012.

Reply #298524 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

No contest. Put CP3 into that Celtics team instead of Rondo for the last few years and they would be playing for their fourth title in a row this year.

Reply #298529 | Report this post

Chewie  
Years ago

I don't have either in the top 2 at e moment.
I'd be going with
Deron
Rose
Westbrook
Cp3
Rondo

Nate is racking up the stats in rondos absence, which speaks volumes of the team and the system.

Reply #298537 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

Different types of players. Rose is the best scoring PG at them moment but he wouldn't fit well with a team like the Celts. CP3 would be the best fit there as he is the best distributor. Do you thinbk D-Will or Rondo could've carried those New Orleans teams like CP3 has? IMO Utah would have been to the West Finals three years straight if Paul were in that team instead and Juror's thoughts on CP3 in Boston seem pretty close too.

Reply #298549 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

CP3
Deron
Rose
Rondo

Reply #298553 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

If you need a scorer, Paul.

If, like Boston, you have loads of guys who can hit the shot, then Rondo.

Reply #298565 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

CP3 and Deron are both better distributors than Rondo. Put the same talent around them that Rondo has and that would be evident.

Reply #298573 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Excalty

CP3 and Deron distrbute the ball better and have better court vision.
Deron is also physically strong.

Rose is a scorer.

I'd take CP3, Deron or Rose first over Rondo.

Reply #298579 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Rondo has a mean streak and a hunger that you can't teach. I love his game, and he's a better defender than both of CP3 and Deron.

Anyone notice he's averaging 14 assists a game this season? No one but Stockton has done that.

Point guards are back in fashion. I'm liking Rondo, Rose, Westbrook and Mo Williams.

Just kidding about Mo! He sucks.

Reply #298614 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

1. Rose
2. Williams
3. Westbrook

Westbrook needs to be able to stroke the 3 better and make better choices with his passing. Few too many turnovers for my liking.

Williams is the textbook PG in the league. Has the right number of options in the Jazz team to distribute well, but be able to score it himself.

Rose is just a straight gun in all aspects. Could easily see Westbrook turning into what Rose has become. Rose can do everything at whim; just needs a well rounded team like Rondo or Williams has to become the Premier floor General IMO.

Reply #298648 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Depends on the sceanrio and team really. I love Rondo's game but if you need a PG to hit consistently from otuside, the CP3 has it in my opinion.

Reply #298650 | Report this post

The Man  
Years ago

Rondo without a doubt. He's an outstanding PG and a great fit for the Celtics.

Reply #298709 | Report this post

A.W  
Years ago

'The Man'

If CP3 and Rondo swap teams, The Celtics get better and the Hornets get worse.

CP3 is the better player, purely because he can shoot.

Rondo is shooting under 50% from the line this season, Shaq is shooting better than him from the line at the moment.

Reply #298714 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:14 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754