Dr Bullshit
Years ago

GOLF replaces NBA double-header.

According to the OneHD NBA schedule there should be a double header on today. However, instead, they are showing 6 hours of live golf. FML!

Topic #24494 | Report this topic

Big Marty  
Years ago

Golf FTL

Reply #299187 | Report this post

illicit  
Years ago

yeah NBA stars at like 530pm NBA game, then NBL then the 2nd NBA game

Reply #299189 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

Golf = Fail!

Reply #299191 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gay .. Patty mills was playing aswell can't watch the games tonight ...

Reply #299193 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

You've got to be joking?

First Technical Issues on Wednesday night prevented the NBA replay being shown and today they over-rule the double-header with golf.

That's plain disrespectful to our game and inconveinient for some.

I hope James Packer's involved isn't starting to cause this.

I'm not happy reading this topic.

Reply #299196 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Golf = sleep. Boring as hell to watch on TV.

Reply #299197 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

why is gold even televised its not cool at all. fair enough if you play it, i can see the fun in that but half the time i cant even tell where the ball is until i see the green back drop. BAH!

Reply #299205 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

lol woops i mean Golf not gold

Reply #299206 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I'm at work and can't catch the action until the delayed telecast in any case. But still, live golf over live basketball???

Reply #299207 | Report this post

The Brad  
Years ago

Funny thing is there is an advertisement for the WGT on this page as I read it...very well played Golf...very well played...

Reply #299216 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Suck it up people, if you've got 4 hours to kill on a Friday perhaps you could go and get a job? They're showing the games later, I really don't think we, as basketball fans, are in any position to be complaining to OneHD about the coverage this year.

Reply #299222 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I'm with you billo 100%.

But gee wiz, you've got to admit, golf?

Reply #299224 | Report this post

illicit  
Years ago

lol exactly billo, how many games did we see last season on free to air?, now we get NBA double headers and NBL games.

Yeah i got the day off an it sucks for em not to be live but from 5:30pm til 11:30pm i got a fair idea ill be watching 3 basketball games (hardest part is avoiding seeing the NBA scores lol)

Reply #299225 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Golf pays ONE HD to be broadcast. Simple

Reply #299228 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't bite the hand that feeds you! We have a FTA sports channel that can't survive by simply showing basketball when the fans expect it. Want it live all the time then purchase a NBA League Pass.

Anyway the games are being shown later and I was pleased that from 5 pm til 11.30 pm there will be basketball on my television (with the exception for 30 minutes in which Sports Tonight will screen).

The games will be shown again tomorrow morning (when you get home) if you can't watch tonight....very reasonable for the simply cost of electricity and sitting through a few adverts. Otherwise get a mate to record it and spend some BFF time with them watching the game

Reply #299229 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

+1 to the last few posts. Just a week or two ago we had for games back to back on a Friday (2 NBA and 2 NBL). Can't complain about a major Oz golf tournament being shown.

Reply #299230 | Report this post

hanging round  
Years ago

Suck it up- I hear that next week they are replacing the basketball with Synchronised Swimming!
Can't wait

Reply #299232 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

You still get unbelievably good coverage compared to NZ!
We still only get 2 NBA games a week--One on Thursday and the other on Saturday.

Reply #299236 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

For all you people saying get a job, what about those people that work of an evening. Somehow thats less of a job? Grow up morons.

Reply #299265 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Geez - it's the Australian PGA - one of 3 world class tournaments in oz for the year, come on people if a couple of NBA or NBL finals games were booted for the 2nd round of the kooyonga open then yeah have a whinge but come on.

Reply #299367 | Report this post

Billy  
Years ago

Yeah i got a full time job that's not 9-5, and that makes me less important than all the 9-5 workers out there.

If no one worked odd hours...no such thing as a after work drink...do you think bar staff and their managers are volunteering?

Back on Topic......Golf...please that's terrible

Reply #299402 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Get a real job

Reply #299406 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:18 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754