orbit
Years ago

Kings rule the airways

Anyone else notice Sydney being televised 7 outta 8 games? I thought they used to get a lot of broadcasting because Fox are based in Sydney & it was cost effective but that was ok cause they were good to watch in the Goorg era. What's the excuse now? I know it's hard to whine about FTA TV but that is overkill for a shabby side who look like an ABA side with one legit player (kazzooo). Would much rather watch Perth vs Homicide 2day! Why so much Kings?

Topic #24507 | Report this topic

phil  
Years ago

market size = advertising= money

= fans come last

Reply #299475 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Youd rather watch the Tigers lose big time to Perth? I know next week I'd prefer NZ v Wollongong instead of Adelaide v Sydney, but tonight's game is the right one.

Reply #299498 | Report this post

Yep  
Years ago

The Kings have the biggest fan base.

Why do you think ESPN only show Celtics, Lakers or Heat each week. They are the most popular teams.

It's about selling advertising. If you are paying 1000's for TV ads you want the biggest audience.

It's business.

The NBL has been boring without the Kings.

Good to see them back. Gives everyone a team to hate again. Much the same way as Collingwood or Manly do it for their leagues.

Reply #299522 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

The NBL need the Kings to work, One HD desperately need the Kings to work (especially with ratings heading south).

The reality is everyone says for the NBL to be successful the Kings must be successful. The exposure for them should have many pluses:

- it should help them with sponsor acquisition
- it should help One HD with ratings
- it should help One HD raise advertising $
- it should (according to everyone here) help the Kings build crowds

Of course I doubt if any of those things WILL happen, but they should.

Reply #299625 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The crap thing for sydney fans is it's a stupid time of the week to go and watch the game live.

Reply #299722 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:57 am, Sun 21 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754