Isaac
Years ago

Vujacic to Nets in three team deal

The New Jersey Nets agreed to trade Terrence Williams to the Houston Rockets in a three-way deal that will land them Los Angeles Lakers guard Sasha Vujacic and a pair of first-round draft picks, sources confirmed to ESPN.com on Tuesday.

The trade, which has been agreed upon in principle, will also send Nets veteran power forward Joe Smith to the Lakers, while New Jersey will receive Los Angeles' 2011 first-round pick and Houston's 2012 lottery-protected first-rounder, sources said.

To make roster room for Williams' arrival, sources said, Houston has struck a deal with Sacramento that will send Jermaine Taylor to the Kings for a future second-round pick.

Full article

Sounds like Vujacic wants to be set loose in New Jersey.
"It's terrible. I'm 26-years old. I played a few years and the last couple years, playing on and off, it was just killing me," he said.

Vujacic added: "We'll see, if it happens then I definitely want to double what I did in L.A."

Topic #24537 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

One of the most disliked players in the NBA. Even his Slovenian national team teammates hate him.

Reply #300016 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lol so true ^

Reply #300017 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

I think the bigger story is that the Nets front office managed to get TWO first round picks for Terence Williams! As well as Vuja-bitch.

I think this means Joe Smith has played for 12 NBA teams in his career. Equals a record with Jim Jackson I think..
Lakers would be better off for playing him behind Gasol, deep line up then.

Reply #300025 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joe Smith:

Started his career with Golden State
Traded to Philadelphia
Signed with Minnesota
Signed with Detroit
Signed with Minnesota
Traded to Milwaukee
Traded to Denver
Traded to Philadelphia
Signed with Chicago
Traded to Cleveland
Traded to Oklahoma City
Signed with Cleveland
Signed with Atlanta
Signed with New Jersey
Traded to LA Lakers

If he plays a game for the Lakers they will be his 12 team which will tie him with the all-time record jointly held by Chucky Brown, Tony Massenburg & Jim Jackson.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/most_franchises.html

Reply #300036 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Man did not realise Jim Jackson was so well travelled.

Reply #300058 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Good good. I have zero faith in Caracter in an emergency.

See ya Machine! I guess I can hate you now like evryone else :/

Reply #300067 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Now that he is out of LA I see a split between him and Sharapova

Reply #300112 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:38 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754