Isaac
Years ago

Orien Greene's second play at the NBA

Great story from TrueHoop's Henry Abbott on Orien Greene, the one-time Celtic and NZ Breaker.

How is a guy like this not in the NBA?

Ask NBA front offices and you'll hear that he's a perfectly good player, but something of a knucklehead; Near the end of that rookie year he was pulled over going close to 100 miles an hour in suburban Boston, for instance. There have been drug test issues.
"I had money and I was young," he says. "You just have to go through some of that." And go through it he has, he says. The difference is now he's older, wiser and, thanks to Heiress, entirely reprioritized.

Telling people that, he realizes, is nothing like showing them. So that's what he's doing.

Topic #24542 | Report this topic

MACDUB  
Years ago

He and his girlfriend crashed in their car, rolling 3 times in a potentially devastating crash, and all he says is: "It was a real nice car, It was white. I really miss that car."

Shows just how fixated he still is with materialism and wealth. I know if I was in a car crash with my Girlfriend, I wouldn't give a crap about the car. Instead I'd be thanking God my GF is still alive!

Reply #300254 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:17 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754