You
Years ago

Dandy Rangers??

Lost to Sydney....are they kidding?

Topic #24566 | Report this topic

Years ago

they have the talent - musnt have the chemistry at present - i was tipping dandy a top 3 finish but they are on the bubble at present..

what about AIS only 38 pts for the game - that would be one of the lowest on record

Reply #300625 | Report this post

You  
Years ago

Agreed, Rangers have plenty of talent...why is Foley on playing limited minutes?

Does the coach know what he is doing?

Reply #300628 | Report this post

Years ago

old injuries ?

Reply #300630 | Report this post

Years ago

at the start of the season - I was saying dandy v bulleen grand final - but looking more caps v boomers again.

I have not watched many dandy games - but foley is at her best when she plays around 30 mpg with a motion offence setting screens for her to perimeter shoot or break down one on one to the basket.

many top shelf players - makes you scratch your head why they are losing. I'm a fan of the team

Reply #300631 | Report this post

Years ago

looking at the box score they had a shite last quarter after being up by 1 - shot at 38% but sydney shot at 61% !!! in the last quarter.

but it was a crucial game for both.

Reply #300632 | Report this post

Years ago

and that is flex cuts for foley to run onto the 3pt shot

Reply #300635 | Report this post

You  
Years ago

Sack the coach!! Play Foley more

Reply #300636 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Yeah, Wright isn't doing much of a job with the oodles of talent at his disposal.
Missing a point guard as talented as MacLeod is always going to hurt, but there is a lot of quality elsewhere on the court - enough to handle a Flames team with Nat Porter only just returning anyway, and certainly more than enough to deal with the freakin' Waves in game 2 of a Fri-Sat road double.

A-Rob playing only 10 minutes says to me that she'll be spending Xmas back home in the USA and not comng back.
Foley playing 13 would normally raise my eyebrows, but she has been playing some ordinary basketball this season so I can't say I'm shocked.

Reply #300639 | Report this post

You  
Years ago

A good coach gets the best out of their players, yet to see this with Wright

Reply #300643 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mark Wright has no idea what he's doing.

He sold the farm to get bishop and plays Chant.P way to much.

Dandy is full of polotics and has been for years, Cambage did the right thing by leaving that place!!!

I wonder what's going to happen????

Not much is my guess as the internal position of the rangers is a joke,
Apparently ex NZ WNBL coach Leigh Gooding heads the basketball operation. Maybe he should coach!!!

Even his hands are tied people tell me!!

Basketball Polotics kill most clubs and it wont be long until this one is made public i'm sure looking at results

Reply #300663 | Report this post

You  
Years ago

What a shame, a few current and potential opals, certainly won't help their cause...it's a shame the club has employed below par personell

Reply #300671 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe the "adelaide" Rangers needed Marino to get that premiership after all :-)

Reply #300673 | Report this post

You  
Years ago

I would rather an U18 Vic Metro guard than her

Reply #300676 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Totally agree, I know a few people that coach and have been involved with the rangers,

The problem starts at the top, my sources say the real obvious happening was when Liz cambage never returned. Apparently the process was a disgrace and very un professional.

At least the club has been consistent, They lost cambage, employed a dud in Dale Waters and then hired Mark Wright??????????????????

Whoever runs that place obviously isn't in the know or just non basketball minded.

Who makes the decisions there????? Does anyone know?

The program has gone backwards for the past 3 years.

Reply #300823 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One thing for sure they get good college games and teams to play there.

They had Vanderbilt and St Mary's last year play against thier mens SEABL team.

Why Dandenong?????

Reply #300824 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One thing good about Dandenong is they get good college teams to come and play.

One year they had Vanderbilt with Ogily and St Mary's with Stiendl play their SEABL Team.
St Marys went on to the Sweet 16 that same year.

Why Dandenong....Someone must be connected

Reply #300825 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

just a shame they can't get players to stay!

Reply #300840 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thats part of the problem. If you have a look at the past rangers teams if the players weren't like by Emily Mcinerney and Caitlyn Ryan they were quickly moved on.

Shame....I think Caitlyn Ryan's father is heavily involved and most people think he's the biggest problem.

Good to see these threads get the real stories...

Feel sorry for Foley,Trace.G they are good players and great people. Come back to SA!!!

Reply #300842 | Report this post

You  
Years ago

Apologies if I missed the point, what do College teams, mind you they are not overly talented div 1 schools, so don't get to excited, have anything to do with the lack of leadership in their wnbl program?

I assume the players won't stay if the coach stays, players will not buy in and players like a foley will miss out on higher honors.

It seems they have gone from satisfactory to below satisfactory

Reply #300846 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The college teams were men's teams that played.

I think the point was that Dandenong Rangers do something right to attract events like that.

Reply #300870 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The rangers have a contact at the club with St Mary's and a few other Div 1 colleges.

That's how they got Lucas Walker and the college games.

Pretty good get if you ask me....

Obvioulsy the contact must know what there doing. Any Idea who it is???

Reply #301073 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:22 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754