SRT070
Years ago

Perth Vs Sydney

well that was an entertaining game. thought i was going to lose my tip. Sanders had a shocker and should have passed more than keep putting them up. dont know why he tried to hit the last shot inside the 3 point line.

Topic #24572 | Report this topic

XztatiK  
Years ago

KHAZZOUH. IS. A. BEAST.

BEAST!

Anyone know when ONE are going to stop showing constant ads for ch.11 through their Foxtel channel and go back to regular programming so I can actually tape these games on IQ. It's annoying as hell. I'm not going to plan my day around a f###ing Sydney game.

Reply #300704 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

First time I've watched a Robilliard timeout. Wow. Disorganised and directionless. And the body language of his players in those timeouts seems to show that he has completely lost their faith.

Reply #300707 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

...and he's not giving my boy Madgen the minutes he deserves. He's producing far more than Ryan when he's out there.

Reply #300708 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

he is a poor coach, listening to what he was saying he was just talking crap. Sanders had more to say on one of the timeouts and then robillard just took what sanders said. instead of axing players id be looking at axing the coach.

Kings lacked massive direction when push came to shove when perth stepped up the D. Dont know if anyone else noticed but that looked to me like the Sixers last year, losing a big lead when the pressure stepped up.

and agreed Khazouh is an absolute machine. without him sydney would be nothing.

Reply #300710 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

Totally agree Isaac

Reply #300712 | Report this post

baller  
Years ago

The kings backup point guard is crap!! He cant bring the ball up the court to save himself!!!!
Easily the worst guard in the NBL!!!

Reply #300713 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

I know this is their playing style, but does it annoy anyone what Perth gets away with? eg. everytime a Perth screen by Redhage he'll be pushing or elbowing opposing players, he's so dirty.

And all those 'steals' and 'deflections', if you've been to live games you know there were fouls involve. And the league and ref just assume the players simply 'mishandled' and 'lost' the ball?!?! I think the league and refs need to put a stamp on this and make the calls!

what's other's thought?

Reply #300714 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I saw Tovey twice deflect a pass from his man - no foul, just quick hands and anticipation. And a couple of other times, they got steals by double and triple teaming at the right times. I think they push boundaries, but not all of those deflections were fouls.

Reply #300715 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

X - Channel 531 on fox is goooone

Try channel 210 :)

Reply #300716 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

Well I am glad ppl are starting to talk about the Sydney coach...this man should have been sacked after week 3.

Cannot coach, and without doubt bad for the league...If the league needs Sydney then get someone good for Sydney!

Reply #300717 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

I know not all of them were fouls, but a good deal of them were. I've seen them play live 3 times this year, and you can see even more than what's on TV. body contacts, and don't you sometimes wonder how a player just bend over and trips while losing control of the ball? have a close look next time.

Reply #300718 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ONE SD is being replaced by Channel 11

Reply #300719 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Moose will be on his horn within the week

Reply #300720 | Report this post

Red  
Years ago

Henry will be head coach next season for sure, that's why they got him in.
Great game, Sydney did well, the crowd where instrumental in getting cats over the line.

Reply #300721 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

Cam tovey is so full of himself-thinks he is all that with his one hand passes-majorly overated!wtf was sanders thinking at the end-that last shot ruined his while game because he had been okay! Do we really need more sydney on one hd on thurs-seriously apart from the imports and khazzouh they are worse than an aba tean

Reply #300726 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Shiiiiiiit Statman. I have a HD TV but not a HD IQ box so that doesn't work for me.

I officially want Packer to cut NBL for next season so I can get it back on Fox Sports. Soooorry.

Reply #300727 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

Me too

Reply #300728 | Report this post

Joshuapending  
Years ago

Wash your mouth.

Reply #300731 | Report this post

BigD  
Years ago

you cry out for free-to-air and then complain when you have it. NBL can't win can they... People won't watch the game on foxtel. Don't you realise that??

Reply #300732 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

> Cam tovey is so full of himself-thinks he is
> all that with his one hand passes-majorly overated!

Really? I could have sworn that he has spent the last few weeks playing himself from 8/9th man to a starting spot with some excellent performances, but maybe I've been hallucinating. One thing I'll agree with you on - how dare he pass the ball with one hand... ridiculous stuff. lol

> Do we really need more sydney on one hd on thurs-
> seriously apart from the imports and khazzouh they
> are worse than an aba tean

Did they not just push one of the supposed championship favourites all the way on game 2 of the doomsday double?
Horrible start to the season for sure, but from what I've seen against Adelaide and then Perth tonight I'd say they're not looking too bad at all.

Reply #300733 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

so dunkin dan- you want to see more of sydney on one hd then? if you look at the stats sheet- khazzouh,gilder and sanders had 48 of 84 points, 26/37 boards and 8/21 assists- where is the rest of the team? the kings need helliwell and should get rid of knight.

cam tovey has been playing well, but has an arrogance about him that is not warranted by his skill level yet!!

khazzouh will not be in this league next year if he continues to dominate like he did tonight 23 points, 12 boards and 6 assists.

ps- who is the bloke that posted on here and said gilder would not be in the league for more than 4 games- he is a good player, but i want my steak soon!

Reply #300734 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

> so dunkin dan- you want to see more of sydney
> on one hd then?

They're far from my top choice, but it is a fact of life that the broadcaster is going to want a good share of games involving the country's #1 tv market. Personally I'm thankful that it will be the current version of the team that we're watching rather than the Grizzard/McCullough one. It has worked out pretty nicely IMO.

> cam tovey has been playing well, but has an
> arrogance about him that is not warranted by
> his skill level yet!!

I don't really know what you're talking about with the arrogance. I'm not seeing it, but whatever .. he has been an important contributor which has been a real bonus from a player I didn't rate last season.

Reply #300735 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

I just thnk he is full of himself! I agree with the fact that it is a much better team tio watch now than before-but lets be honest,kings were on today so did they need to be the game on friday night as well!!!

Reply #300737 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

ehhh ... it's just no biggie to me. Obviously my preference would be to see OneHD mix it up a bit and not show the same team twice in one round, but both games this weekend were close and enjoyable to watch so no complaints from me right now. Thank goodness we wewren't subjected to the Cairns-Townsville brickfest. Tonight's half time score (55-50) was just 2 points shy of that game's full time score (56-51)!

I just hope that Sydney can keep playing competitively because we are going to see a whole lot more of them in the coming weeks. Ask me how I feel about it in a few weeks and maybe I won't be quite as cool with it.

Reply #300738 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Sydney snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. They will be far more solid when they get Dickel suited up, struggled to get over half in the final quarter then when they did nothing happened apart from a crap shot. Not sure what Sanders was thinking on that last shot

Reply #300739 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Sorry baller. That little guy Wagner is OK. He would be better if his coach played him a little more so that he could get his confidence.
He would also be twice the player if he did not pick up his dribble and then look for a pass.
Martin is the favoured guard, sure he shoots it better than Wagner but as for penetrating and passing Martin is not the guy I want with his hands on the ball. His decision making is very questionable, evidence that ridiculous shot he took to stay in the game in the final minute.
Madgen definitely deserves more minutes. Sanders cannot dribble to save himself and goes to his sole scoring option, monster jump and shot from 16'. Granted he is some athelete and helps onthe boards.
In that final quarter they need Khazzouh to post and to stay in there until he got the ball. Their ball handling is woeful. Still not a bad effort for last placed team.

Reply #300740 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

A pox on the XztatiK house for suggesting the NBL return to Foxtel. I love my OneHD.

Reply #300742 | Report this post

Wound  
Years ago

What the hell was Sanders thinking with that last shot? Mind boggling!

Reply #300793 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Isaac, fairly sure your points can be backed up by the fact that Ian has never had one Interview (always been Connor Henry) and always seems to react to calls after Connor has made any form of response.

Fairly sure Ian acts as the face whereas Connor is the brains.

Reply #300807 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I wouldn't claim to be the face or the brains of that team right now!

Reply #300809 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:36 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754