XY
Years ago

Overtime 22.12.10

Overtime now officially rocks. Top 5 plays of the week, topped with the JR Smith dunk of the year. Truly one of the best dunks I have ever seen.

This show just gets better and better. Well done OneHD.

Listening to the fans (and reading hoopsSA too)

Topic #24594 | Report this topic

Shotclock  
Years ago

yes i was watching the discussion on Umpires and was invaded by relatives so do you think it get replayed?

Reply #301150 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Repeated Friday morning on OneHD

Reply #301152 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Being replayed right now on Channel Ten (started 15 mins ago) and replayed again Friday morning at 10:30am on One HD.

Reply #301153 | Report this post

i like the show and the boys do a good job.

I would like some college ball talk as well.

Reply #301168 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I think the show continues to grow and get better and better each week. Kudo's to One HD and those involved in the program.

It's just a 1-hour show so it is hard to touch on everything, but I too would like to try and squeeze in at least a brief summary of the Aussies who have excelled in the past week that play college ball as well. They could track the thread on Hoops.com to narrow down any discussion ;)

Reply #301171 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

definitely gotten better, i watched one episode and never watched it again until i heard that Conner was a gonner and Gaze was subbed in. Gotta love Gaze, that guy is an absolute character on the screen and it he isnt a stiff on their, always pulls some sort of face at the camera if he doesnt agree with JVG. he makes that show entertaining, even Carfino comes out a bit more with Gaze doing what he does, its so much better.

Cheers to Carfino to for acknowledging the fans last night where he said "what overtime fans want, overtime fans get" and then showed the top 5 plays of the week. and that dunk was EPIC!

hopefully when its been a good week of NBL we can slip in a couple of plays from there too. good on OneHD for listening to the fans to.

Reply #301176 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not a fan of JVG at all, is boring and gives mundane opinions.

Gaze is fantastic, would love to see them get Brett Maher on there too.

Reply #301177 | Report this post

boss  
Years ago

i totally disagree. ive caught the last 2 episodes of overtime and both times have been disappointed. it gives you nothing you cant get on the internet or newspapers. where the f#$@ are the highlights??!! all they do is crap on for an hour. at least show highlights in the backgorund. the interviews with the players are good (besides JVG saying the same thing 3 times before actually asking the question) and gaze is a character.

Reply #301178 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

Very interesting discussion last night regarding low levels of scoring in the NBL at the moment, particularly the oppinions of the NBA scount who attended a game with Gaze.

Reply #301181 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Pleased by the first segment of the NBA scout noting the holding off the ball being allowed in the NBL game spoils the game for scorers and spectators.

The last rhetoric on Iverson, Marquee player was also intereting to follow.

Cam and Knight interviews just a little too long..
I'm not much into seeing just a persons face on TV when you could show a little highlight vision , while they talk.

Reply #301185 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

http://www.nbl.com.au/news/article/2010/december/scoring-crisis-what-scoring-crisis/

Myth of a scoring crisis busted...

Reply #301186 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

i also agree we needed more highlights as it is a little much for just talking, it would be good as someone said to have the voice over of them talking about a player or game while showing their highlights

Reply #301188 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Al Green got 71points, Biddings 60, Gaze a few 50s
Ballinger 48, but was taken off...
These days they'd hang onto their singlet , so they couldn't do that..
Wouldn't change any rules . I'd just call a few singlet holds... that's all.

Reply #301190 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Penney had 49 last year Camel, in a 40 minute game!

Reply #301192 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

BTW - I have no prob with a few more singlet holds being called, but to make out it is causing a scoring crisis is either ignorant or mischievious.

Reply #301193 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

They should limit questions from the hosts to a minute... JVG & Carfino's questions to BK & Trigger went on FOREVER!!!

The show has gotten much better since Gazey was added to the bench.

Reply #301194 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story. Good article, Paul.

Reply #301208 | Report this post

would like to see a 'where are they now" or "back in the day" feature - could include a brief phone interview whilst they show some old highlights.

Reply #301226 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Seems the refs watch it and agreed to call a lotta early fouls here 23.12.10 - mentioned today in an article on Adelaidenow by Boti Nagy.

Reply #301759 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Kinda missed it being on 29.12.10
It must be a holiday and/or games are on instead.

Reply #301917 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:16 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754