S.Claus
Years ago

Will Bogut make the All Star team?

Pretty simple question that I thought could spark some interesting conversation.

Stats wise he's the 2nd best centre in the Eastern Conference. Hes leading the league in blocks per game and in many experts eyes in the leading candidate for the DPOY at this early stage. But, with his teams poor record will that possibly deny him the backup centre spot for arguably the second year running?

I hope he makes it, but I reckon he will be pipped by Al Horford.

Topic #24602 | Report this topic

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

No chance; Dwight + Shaq

Reply #301257 | Report this post

Bobby tables  
Years ago

He needs more consistency to really deserve it. last seasons form would've earnt it for him, not so much this year. Being on a sub 500 team doesn't help either (even though Lee was chosen last season).

Reply #301258 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

East Centers:
Dwight Howard (Magic) 611,561
Shaquille O'Neal (Celtics) 241,782
Joakim Noah (Bulls) 97,163
Andrea Bargnani (Raptors) 53,275
Al Horford (Hawks) 49,098
Andrew Bogut (Bucks) 48,298
Brook Lopez (Nets) 38,103
JaVale McGee (Wizards) 36,227
Roy Hibbert (Pacers) 35,006
Ben Wallace (Pistons) 21,858

Reply #301262 | Report this post

Pop  
Years ago

Shaq's got no chance. He's on a great team, but his numbers are definitely not worthy of an All Star appearance. If Bogut can string some strong games together and get on a streak with the Bucks I reckon he may be a chance, but at this stage its Horford or Noah for the reserve.

Reply #301267 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

only the starting 5 goes on votes, bench is picked by coaches so he is in with a good chance

Reply #301272 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I think the coaches will pick him as the backup centre behind Howard who appears set to win the votes.

Get on Bogut though and Vote for him!

Reply #301276 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

More than one of Horford, Noah and Bogut can make it as a reserve. I'd say Horford first and then Bogut. Hibbert also deserves a mention but he has dropped off of late (but was still never aherad of those three).

It looks like the East starters will be:

Rondo/Rose
Wade
LeBron
KG/Amare
Dwight

I'm guessing the reserves will be:
Rondo/Rose
KG/Amare
Pierce
J. Smith/Bosh
Horford/Bogut
Felton
Granger/Iggy

A lot of games between now and when the reserves are announced so it depends on how their respective teams are performing.

Reply #301318 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

bogut sacrificed his jump shooting this year by not havin all the required surgerys so I believe next year he will be a shoe in after he is fully recovered from his elbow injury, next season he will be able to shoot midrange and make more free throws allowing him to be more dominant

Reply #301319 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Hmmmm, shaq is retiring in 2 years, so yeah, it's pretty obvious he will be an all star over bogut just due to the fact people will want him to go out on a high note like jordan!

Reply #301496 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:33 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754