BALLER#3
Years ago

Start Daniel Johnson Please!!!!

I plus alot of other people want Daniel Johnson to start for the sixers. If not start him bring him off the bench early and increase his minutes to atleast 20-25 a game. He has pretty good stats for only about 15 minutes a game of 7.1 points, 3.5 rebounds. If he plays more center it allows ballinger to play his normal position, therefore we would most likely see a increase in his scoring. Its a win-win situation. Then you could go with a Howard, and Shannon backcourt and either carter, holmes or hill as the last starter!

Topic #24608 | Report this topic

illicit  
Years ago

yeah i think our starting line up needs a shake up, id like to see either johnson/dowdell or howard start, not knockin hill or holmes but our offence was crap tonight everyone standin around watchin an not moving.

or as baller said bring johnson in early ballinger at the C doesnt work he isnt the same player as when hes a PF

Reply #301373 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

I would like to see a starting 5 of

PG Shannon
SG Howard
SF Hill (possibly Ng at SG and Howard at SF given Ng's form since Shannon has arrived)
PF Ballinger
C Johnson

With Johnson playing at least 20 mins a game, as he is one of our better Aussies, probably the one who hopefully will be a real star in the next year or 2 and it frees Ballinger up to play his natural game, I cant beleive he is playing so much C the last 2 years when he had flourished as a PF previously.

In games where Johnson plays more than 20 mins we are 2 wins 1 loss (67% wins), and games where he plays less than 20 mins we are 2 wins 6 losses (25% wins). I think that it is more than a coincidence. Its not all Johnson it also helps the overall structure of the team.

Last time we played Townsville, Johnson also had 14 pts 6 rebounds in 23 mins, one of his better games, so i would have defiantly put him out there more against Schenscher, and could have even had him foul out quicker trying to go against Johnson's quickness.

Reply #301392 | Report this post

Bada Bing  
Years ago

Daniel Johnson needs to learn how to use his height, he shoots from the hip too often. Hold the damn ball up!!!

Reply #301396 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

First 5:

PG Carter
SG Howard
SF Holmes
PF Ballinger
C DJ

----

Bench:

PG Shannon
SG Ng
SF Creek
SF Hill
SF/PF Holmes
PF/C Dowdell

Reply #301399 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

^^^ Scratch the second Holmes I had on the bench - last I heard, we only had one of 'em.

Reply #301400 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Really cannot understand how Daly doesnt get a birth. Surely as goood as Creek agility and a better shooter.

Reply #301404 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ballinger only started at centre last year while Burston was recovering from injury.

Reply #301405 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I think Daly was 'birthed' about 19.5 years ago!

Reply #301429 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

I think NG should be rewarded and promoted to the starting 5. I would like to see a starting line up of;

PG - Shannon
SG - Ng
SF - Howard
PF - Ballinger
C - Dowdell
Bench;

PG - Carter
SG - Hill
SF - Creek
PF - Holmes
C - Johnson

I went for Dowdell over DJ to start because he is more defensively minded and doesnt demand the ball to be effective which would be a good balance with Ng, Howard and Ballinger. They are our most prolific scorers so have Shannon distribute those 3 score and Dowdell back up them all defensively.

That way, in the second rotation there is still a god mix of offence and defence and Johnson can get all the ball he wants being the major focus.

Just my thoughts but I think it could work?! :-)

Reply #301434 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

I like your lineup Tornado, that second unit is super quick and athletic (apart from holmes) could cause a few problems for teams.

Reply #301444 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Please start and play DJ
Coach picked him over Schens.(know $ factor) so let him show what can do rather than let Ballinger go backwards in that role.
We need some size out there

Reply #301446 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Ng is played in the right spot off the bench now. I wouldn't change that.

Reply #301450 | Report this post

Hydra  
Years ago

Coach didn't pick him over Johnson, management did.

Coach wasn't even appointed when that decision was made.

Yes it was a money decision and last night showed that while the Sixers run a budget team they won't win because they don't have the stars they need.

Luke should be in a Sixers uniform, unfortunately management weren't willing to pay him what he's worth so he went elsewhere.

And kicked our butts!

Reply #301457 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

You know whats funny, the guy sitting behind me was bagging Luke all game and yelling out he was a 7 foot Liability! What a goose, that 7 foot liability was a 20/10 guy for us and pretty much won the game for them last night.......I wouldnt mind that liability playing for the Sixers again!

However, if people think we are running a budget team now, if we had of signed Schenscher we wouldnt have some of the other players we have now either so we would still be defficient just in another spot.

DJ needs to work on defence and rebounding as we all know he can score but when he isnt scoring he becomes a liability. You can play him in the games more and let him work on these things in real time but then everyone on here would be bagging him and calling for his head for costing us games.

Start Dowdell, move Balls back to PF and let DJ work on his game against the second string of opposition.

Clarke is trying to develop these guys, has a plan and needs more than 1 year to do it.....be patient people.

Reply #301465 | Report this post

Hydra  
Years ago

Tornado If we're spending $700k now on a 'budget' team and pay $150k to get Schenscher then we can still have anyone on the current team we want, maybe all of them and still be under the cap.

Point is a 'budget' team means we're not spending the cap. Pay to the cap and you can get better players.

Reply #301466 | Report this post

kman  
Years ago

Ballinger was sooooooo tired trying to guard schensher, seriously why did we bring over d johnson if we dont use him harldy at all, i cant understand it.

Reply #301474 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Hydra, Sixers are paying the cap or relatively close to it.

Reply #301478 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

I would love to see Adam being moved back to his natural position, but if we are playing to win I just don't think DJ is ready to start yet.

Each week I specifically like to watch his work on the boards, and I do not think it will be too much longer though before he starts to show more strength in that area.

Reply #301488 | Report this post

flatshot  
Years ago

Wasn't the difference between Luke and Daniel Johnson a points issue ie having Luke restricted the rest of the lineup.

Reply #301523 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:24 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754