New Club
Years ago

Interested in joining a District Senior Team

Hi i am interested in joining a mens team, i live north so anything that is in a 30km distance radius is ok, i used to play for Woodvile Warriors U16 DIV 1 and 2 over 5 years ago. I am a point guard/guard. 6ft

How many divisions are out there these days? What times are the game played? How many training sessions per week?

Thanks

Topic #24626 | Report this topic

Warriors  
Years ago

Give your old club a call, should be able to help you out!!! Email Address [email protected]. Phone number, 0411 152 884

Reply #301697 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There's always a spot at Centrals for good players

Reply #301702 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Eastern Mavericks a higher quality out of the two above and an up and coming club

Reply #301731 | Report this post

SSTomatin  
Years ago

Would you like to ring Darrel Simons please,at West Adelaide?He is on mobile 0418856932.
Also these are the trainig times
http://westadelaidebearcats.weebly.com/training-times.html

Reply #301750 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

"There's always a spot at Centrals for good players"

Especially for ex Woodville players

Reply #301771 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

Good or not!

Reply #301772 | Report this post

lions are us  
Years ago

catch up, there is only one ex warrior at the lions these days (lachlan parker, lions junior anyway) , centrals have cleared 4 players to the warriors in the off season.

Reply #301778 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

" I am a point guard/guard. 6ft"

This is wholly off topic but it always cracks me up the heigh of point guards when I look at how I was trained. I'm 6ft 2 and was trained to play as a centre. How STUUUUPID is that!

Anyway goodluck getting back into it, wish I could still play :(

Reply #301829 | Report this post

New Club  
Years ago

This is wholly off topic but it always cracks me up the heigh of point guards when I look at how I was trained. I'm 6ft 2 and was trained to play as a centre. How STUUUUPID is that!

Anyway goodluck getting back into it, wish I could still play :(

Thanks man, see when i lived in Europe and played juniors at age of 12 most point guards were already 170-180cm tall, i was a midget in the league. I remember my friend played center and at age of 12 he was almost 2m tall, but to be honest in some European countries they put to much emphasis on giants and some decent average height players never get a chance to play professional basketball. I remember i was invited to trials at this 1st division club and they told me they will pay for my scholarship and all only if i grow up to 180cm by age of 17 and that was an exceptional/strange move as they usually didn't take such short players.

Anyway back to the topic, could any of you guys please let me know how many divisions are there in seniors? The problem i have is i have a huge passion for football(soccer) and basketball and for the last few years i opted for football but i am interested in getting back into basketball to see if i am still any good.

Thanks for all the info on the forum

Reply #301838 | Report this post

hanging round  
Years ago

Check out Sporting Pulse and follow links to Basketball SA

Reply #301853 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:06 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754