Isaac
Years ago

Kings vs Wildcats, Dec 29

NBL debut for Ater Majok. Still on the bench around midway through the first. Kings looking sloppy against a weakened Cats team so far.

Gaze pronounces Madgen's name properly by accident and then corrects himself to mispronounce it. Gotta love him!

Topic #24633 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Majok now on court. Carf and Gaze using every fibre of their beings to pronounce his name correctly and consistently.

Khazzouh a shining light early.

Damien Ryan's stock has plummeted in recent years. Has gone from moneyman for hire to coming off the bench behind Ben Madgen.

Great block by Majok who chased down Ben Knight.

Reply #301823 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

I really like what Majok seem to have to offer. somebody should try keep him in the league, like Sydney?!

At the same time, it kind of feel like the other Wilcat players are playing political on this young fella. haven't passed the ball to him once on offense. there's even few lobs that they just pass up?!

Reply #301825 | Report this post

panamax  
Years ago

Toovey shot is alot smoother this year doesn't seem to have all the pauses in his action anymore

Reply #301826 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Swear to God, I could play better D than Gilder.

Reply #301827 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Theres only one real word to describe Majok..Potential.
The dude has crazy potential as he is still a work in progress. Has all the physical aspects.
Some team should just jump on him next season, get him in the weight room and get someone to add to his post moves reportoire (spelling?) and he could, in a few years, be a good import in Europe.

Reply #301828 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

LA Boy, looks like Majok doesn't really press towards the basket during those moments, as though he doubts he'll receive the pass? They could get 6-8/game from him just from driving and dishing within his range.

Decent debut so far.

Madgen must be in the dog-house. Didn't really do much wrong, but only 5 minutes so far? One of only a few Kings that plays with confidence.

Gilder not doing much.

Redhage's fumble on the fast-break - had to laugh.

Reply #301830 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Isaac, that was hilarious.
Kevin Lisch is a nice player, I like him as an import. I think he suits Perth's structure perfectly because he doesn't have to do too much, compared with Sanders (Who has to carry the Kings)

Reply #301831 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sick of watching the kings play. weak!

Reply #301832 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Gilder air-balls wide-open three. With him at SF and Khazzouh over Redhage, the Kings should have a huge height advantage.

Sanders gets mugged worst by D Martin on the dunk attempt. Yet Majok gets called for it and fouls out.

Kings drop their sixth straight at home 78-91 and are now just the second team in the last 20 years to open a season 0-6 at home.

Reply #301834 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

to me, Majok is probably the most exciting player in the league; just his athletic ability alone make it great to watch him go to work. if he don't get much better offensively, defensively he'll probably become a NBL's Matumbo.

Reply #301835 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

"Madgen must be in the dog-house. Didn't really do much wrong, but only 5 minutes so far? One of only a few Kings that plays with confidence."

He was getting about 10 minutes a game for a while there until he jumped up to 27 minutes in their last game. He played well with 17/3/3 and now he's back to 8 minutes!

Robilliard confuses the shit out of me. He seems to decide on how to distribute the minutes during the first 5 mins. Madgen had 2 early misses so he only gets another 3 minutes for the rest of the game.

Reply #301836 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Its odd that Madgen is not getting more minutes. I could sorta see why Robilliard went with Ryan tonight, because he was making shots and Madgen missed a couple. But when the season is already toast, surely you play the guy that has a future more? I mean Ryan is just a shell of a player these days. He's got no mobility left and is a defensive liability.

The good thing about this sitch is that if Robilliard buries him on the bench, Madgen is less likely to want to stick with the Kings next season and the Sixers might be able to nick him next year! Unless we somehow steal Goulding from the Blaze, I'd be very happy if he came home to play for his home town team.

Reply #301841 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Robilliard = worst coach in the NBL

Sanders and Gilder = worst imports ever

Reply #301845 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Gilder looks like ex Breakers Import Avee Storey out there minus the temper, he looks like he would rather be somewhere else.
Sanders needs to get some chemistry working with the team instead of trying to do to much by himself.

Reply #301849 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

Couldnt agree more mystro. Sanders is out there acting like a lone ranger, and gilder is out there and just doesnt look like he really cares, or he is just really crap. If Gilder thinks he is going to the NBA 'tell em he's dreamin'

Reply #301854 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Hard to blame the imports when the whole structure is not working. Gilder just isnt the right fit but Sanders taking 15 shots is hardly trying to do too much. Someone has to try and make something happen.

You can keep bringing in new imports and when they struggle call them crap, but at some point you have to realise there is a reason none of them are performing. I dare say Gary Ervn wouldnt look that great playing on this team.

Reply #301858 | Report this post

Rhythm Willie  
Years ago

WTF?

Madgen top scores last game and gets 8 minutes this game - was he injured?

Kings could have won a few games with the right combos on in the last quarter this season, but the coach seems to be determined to establish some sort of losing record.

Reply #301910 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:45 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754