Winitinaminute
Years ago

Ater Majok

I believe that Ater is the first Sudan player to ever play National Basketball League,if so congratulations to him,he didnt make an impact on tonights game but two nice blocks,this could open door to send Sudanese players to AIS.Would love to see a Sudanese team play in a trail leadup game to a NBL Fixture game in the near future.Well done big fella.

Topic #24634 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Still thought he was impressive tonight ... Just arrived here first game look to improve next game

Reply #301839 | Report this post

O'Shea Jackson  
Years ago

will be a solid role player in our league...nothin more or less

Reply #301843 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Did ok I thought. Only 1 training session with the Cats so he was never going to be prominent, but he blocked a couple of shots, intimidated a lot more, stayed active, and most importantly spelled our "PF" and "C" combo of Weigh & Redhage without letting Khazzouh run riot.

Reply #301846 | Report this post

hanging round  
Years ago

Manute Bol was the true Pioneer for his race

Reply #301852 | Report this post

BigD  
Years ago

This guy is on the NBA radar, but has been dropping off slightly, someone just has to get him to realise his potential, there was a reason why NBA teams tried to get him to committ to the draft last year. Hopefully he shows something while he's in Perth, i'll certainly be tuning into ONE HD to see this kid play.

Reply #301860 | Report this post

aussieboomers4eva  
Years ago

hanging round, were you at the 1996 Wimbledon Final? MaliVai Washington was preparing to serve when someone in the crowd yelled out, "Arthur Ashe is with you". Thought it may have been you.

Reply #301862 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

I thought he did pretty well considering all situations. he is probably the only player right now capable of physically dominate the league with athleticism and size after Jawai. another breed of ball player for NBL.

the reason NBA is interested in him is because of his legit NBA length and athleticism; I would argue no one in NBL today comes close to his attribute. but obviously still very raw.

Reply #301876 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No sorry, I've never been to Wimbledon, but I stand by my comment as Manute was the first Sudanese (African) player drafted to the NBA.
I believe that makes him a 'true pioneer'

Reply #301877 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lol at nba teams wanting him to stay in the draft... he didnt stay in because none of them wanted him

Reply #301878 | Report this post

jammasterjay  
Years ago

NBA LOL!

Reply #301881 | Report this post

BigD  
Years ago

He didnt stay because not many of them would guarantee a first round selection, and it would be better for another year of college, i don't know why he left but oh well.

Reply #301899 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

he wanted to stay in college and UCONN wanted him back but there's some political reasons that forced him out (has to do with his agent)

Reply #301908 | Report this post

gavmiester  
Years ago

Manute Bol.....classic, try playing as Manute in the new ps3 nba jam. Struggled against bron bron and flash strangley enough :)

Reply #301947 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Ater says: "No!"

30 seconds later, Ater says: "Hell No!!"

Reply #302067 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Some serious big-time rejections by Majok. He was actually quite impressive.

Reply #302103 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

perhaps majoks performances will shut up some of the armchair critics on here.

kept the leagues best centre to 3 points when on the court one night

then pulls off back to back blocks in the final minutes of a road win on the gold coast.....all this is after flying around the world last week & arriving in austraslia only a week ago.

people with no idea knock him for his averages at uconn - thats college....he is putting up better numbers in superior competiton.

i cant beleive anyone wouldnt want him to succeed.he is a great story.

Reply #302144 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

He is a great story, and his blocks (one with the help of Martin) against GCB were great. But he certainly wasnt dominant defensively against the Kings, in fact Ben Knight took him to the cup and posted him up easily, showing he still needs to work hard on his strength.

He is going to be good though, and I like the way he seems to be very receptive to advice from teammates and coaches.

Reply #302147 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:08 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754