SRT070
Years ago

Attention: anonymous, i want my steak!

I am referring specifically to the thread 'Sydney Kings sign Trey Gilder'. anonymous (that was the persons selected name as the writing was not faint) you posted the following statement

"Mr Gilder and I have a friend in common so I'll get in early on this one.........don't be surprised if he doesn't stay long folks. I'll buy you all a steak dinner if he plays more than 4 games."

i then made a comment about how i like my steak thinking it was a joke to which you replied:

"Gday Paul and SRT. As far as I am told he was looking to play in Europe exclusively and was "sold" the idea of coming to Sydney as a short term solution until a suitable Europe based offer came through.
Like most guys, he wants a second shot at the NBA and apparently thinks Europe was the best showcase/paycheck versus D-league. I think I came across a little cynical without meaning to, I am definately all for him staying in Sydney. I just don't think it will happen. As for the steak dinners, my offer stands."

so my question is when and where as last night was game 5? i quite like gauchos on gouger st. my personal preference is a porterhouse cut cooked medium rare. sounds like everyone on hoops is invited so place your orders

Topic #24635 | Report this topic

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Make mine medium rare

Reply #301855 | Report this post

I once paid a $40 to another poster -met him at dome during ABA final and paid him cash in lieu of the pale ale carton I bet him.

Pay up anon!!!

Reply #301856 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Fine anon did lose bet but the irony is Gilder wont play too many more and anon was right in maybe suggesting was a dud or had wrong attitude

Reply #301867 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

My guess is european teams have been watching him to see if he destroyed the league, now that he is proving to be one of the worst he isnt going anywhere else and will struggle to keep his job here i think

Reply #301870 | Report this post

JOaRiDrAN  
Years ago

Exactly- man with his frame he should dominate. there is no way he will mate a euro squad, shit hed struggle getting points at morphett vale social. worst import in the NBL. I heard gilders next job is cooking steak at gouchos

Reply #301872 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Mark Tyndale has a Euro gig... in a decent league too.
Gilder might be best back in the D-League though, not much point playing in a lower Euro comp if your aim is to crack the NBA.

Reply #301874 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

might be handy for him to find those mysterious pounds that went missing on his flight over too

Reply #301875 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

If anonymous pays up then he'll essentially be taking you on a blind date, then again he may be a very attractive female.

Reply #301880 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

i dont think its a girl. and its not really a blind date when he has offered to shout all of hoops lol. as he did write "ill buy you all steak dinners" and i assume the you all meant everyone in that thread at the very least.

by no means am i bashing on him for being wrong, i have said things that have been wrong also but to rest steak dinners on it thats a big call.

Reply #301884 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I'll be happy with a Sausage Roll. If you could bring it down to the bench for me, that would be awesome! Don't forget the sauce.

Reply #301891 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

yeh i gotta be honest skip thats not such a bad idea, ill call it even with a superdry and churro thing, those long donut thingys. cant bring myself to get anything more than that at the basketball especially not a hot dog.

Reply #301893 | Report this post

getting it done  
Years ago

if you want a good steak go to the british hotel in north adelaide.

Reply #301896 | Report this post

bad joke dept.  
Years ago

SRT070 - you are a stakeholder in this thread .....

Reply #301897 | Report this post

bad joke dept.  
Years ago

maybe anon made a misteak in his call.....

Reply #301898 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

hah! those are my kinds of jokes! top work bad joke dept.

Reply #301901 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

i want my steak too- can't make a call like that under the guise of an anon title!!! isaac or other mods- can you make this person accountable?

Reply #301929 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gday Lads and Ladies

It was me who make the original post and the promise of free steaks. For the record I am a guy and I am from Sydney. I get excellent first hand information re: Sydney Kings info and rumours. I am happy to dosh out a few steaks, as it seems Trey Gilder has outlasted my educated prediction.
For the record I flat out don't like the guy and wish he was not on the Kings roster, they could have done much better.
Sometimes when imports don't perform well or are not a good fit for a roster they will be told they should explore other options, sometimes when they have been playing particularly poorly and have a record of poor attitude those other options tend to dry up. And sometimes these imports have "injuries" that allow them to be cut from the roster.
Anyone interested in a "double or nothing"?
If Gilder doesn't appear on the injured list within a month, I'll put up 3 tickets (cheap seats) and gametime beers to a Kings homegame.
Any takers? I'll take on the first three posted.

Reply #301937 | Report this post

SSTomatin  
Years ago

Only if you can make the beer Coopers and the Steak Medium Rare with mushroom gravy,Black Anonymous.

Reply #301941 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

He never said he was black.

Reply #301958 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Nah, I dont want to go double or nothing. Just a steak or sausage roll for me will be fine.

Reply #301994 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Ill take you up on the offer anon, but I doubt you will have to be paying out as Ive heard similar whispers about a looming injury.

Thing is where do they go then? Have they got their eye on another untried import or would they look at recycling Winder?

Reply #301996 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

glad you owned up anonymous i knew you would. however i do agree that for the expectations that were on gilder he has certainly not delivered. its a bet im not willing to take. however if im in sydney for the sixers game im happy to take a free beer. actually before i agree to that what beer do you guys have in that place?

Reply #302008 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

what i reckon happened is, that his scouting report said he was the 13kg bigger than he apparently was (somehow he needed to get a gig so they made that up so that he would get a club) then he gets here, says he has lost 13kg and blames his form due to that and injuries.

Anon- kudos to you for re-appearing, but I too will take my steak or meat pie- when you're at the Jungle we'll tee it up!!!!

Reply #302016 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

also- anonymous- can u tell us- do the kings' players like trey or are they sick of him too?

Reply #302057 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wouldn't feel right putting someone else's personal views up here. But if I were one of the King's players, I would be sick of him too.
Apparently he practices hard, but doesn't lift well.

Reply #302100 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

I'll take double or nothing anon.

Reply #302107 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:44 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754