Isaac
Years ago

Locked: Carter to miss Hawks game, Bruce a chance

Sounds like Carter's back injury has worsened and he is on injury waivers for tomorrow night's game against the Hawks. The 36ers are trying to get Aaron Bruce's paperwork done in time to suit him up, presumably as back-up/insurance for Eddie Shannon.

Last I heard, Glen Saville was out for Wollongong but haven't heard the latest.

Topic #24639 | Report this topic

Skud  
Years ago

Isaac can you remove my post on this as well pls lol, damn quickdraw mcgraw you beat me by 1 minute!

link to the NBL.com.au post

http://www.nbl.com.au/36ers/news/news/article/2010/december/rhys-carter-placed-on-injury-waivers-1/

Pretty interesting move this, sad for Carter he has really played well this season and I think he was just getting better and better.
Will be interesting to see how Bruce goes if he suits up

If they pull this off getting Bruce in then congratulations to the 36ers Admin staff, 3 very quick replacements in a season is better than we have done in the last 4 years getting 1 replacement!!!

Reply #301924 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

why was Marty going on about that Bruce wasnt even being considered he was just there because he was in town then a day or two later they are trying to sign him up. he could have said from the go "Hopefully carter comes good by friday but if not we are contemplating going with Bruce" rather than flat out deny it then do it. is there more to it? i wouldnt have thought it to be a big fuss if he didnt deny it?

Reply #301925 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Lets think.. Herbert injured by Creek (with a little bit of Harris). Winder by Shannon. DeVries injured by Howard. Now Carter injured by Bruce.
Bruce was gonna be here anyway. Training 29th ,30th
That was arranged. Carter injured 28th.
Anyways that what I was told, yesterday, at the training.. by the boss man, there, as we spoke about it, would've liked to watch a fit Carter v Bruce.

Anyways, while not at his peak, looked pretty good..
When you think Gilchrist Groves dribbled around a stagnet offense.. kinda dribble drive motion..
This guy moved it around pretty quick, yesterday..
Shannon beat him at first, but Bruce got on top of him as it went on.

Reply #301928 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

SRT, probably little point in pressuring Carter at this point when he's been doing OK (percentages aside). Before a decision has been made about his injury, if you start talking about Bruce looking at his roster spot, might Carter consider playing through the injury (to maintain his position) and doing more damage?

Future comments re this in this thread please.

Reply #301934 | Report this post

Thread locked

This thread has been locked and replies are not permitted.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:11 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754