Tru Blue Emcee
Years ago

Where Are The Haters Now!!!

A message to Brad hill (and to a lesser extent) Darren Ng haters, what do you have to say now?

Ive heard people on here call these fellas ABA players at best (especially Brad hill), but this season i think they've proven to be a couple of our most solid players...

So Say Something Now Haters, Say Something!!!!
/Rant

Love
Tru Blue

Topic #24650 | Report this topic

Tru Blue Emcee  
Years ago

Stats Source

Brad Hill turns it over to much? (ive heard this a lot) this season 0.9?

Reply #302113 | Report this post

TBH  
Years ago

Imagine if he stayed at the AIS instead of coming back to the 36ers to develop under Phil

Reply #302114 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Bit early to wrap them in cotton wool True Blue!!

Reply #302116 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Hills had one good game mate, if we rated players careers on them having one good game then we should still have Winder, Gilchrist, Devries.

Reply #302117 | Report this post

Tru Blue Emcee  
Years ago

he's had more than one good game, and im not saying he's a superstar, but he/they have improved immensely and i personally don't think they deserve the bad rap they get week in week out, from posters here on Hoops....

Reply #302118 | Report this post

Tru Blue Emcee  
Years ago

*DON'T deserve (lol still recovering from last night)

Reply #302119 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's one game lol

Also we all Adelaideans love Darren Ng, he's awesome

Reply #302120 | Report this post

Tru Blue Emcee  
Years ago

And this is mainly a knock to those that have said he dosent even deserve a spot on the team, also he's not on Winder, Gilchrist, Devries type money as i said, im not saying he's a super star but is an integral part of the team.

Reply #302121 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

TB MC, Yep, Brad Hill and D-Ng have had some great games over the past 2-3 games.

Keep in mind though that now both have shown that they can rack up 15ppg, you have to expect them to do this consistently.

Don't expect a full season at that Average; but once you start serving at a set level, then you have to maintain that.

Good to see that people like me have been proven wrong for a change. All I can say is "It's about damn time".

Reply #302122 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Relax on this thread, Ng and Hill played aswell as they can lastnight, but the consistancy still isnt there. Im not hating on them, BUT observing what deficiencies they have aka not being able to offer that kind of performance regularly.

Reply #302125 | Report this post

Tru Blue Emcee  
Years ago

i will either be referring to this thread later in the season with a "Told Ya So" attitude or I'll be eating my words, either way im just happy to see the team play so well last night...

Reply #302126 | Report this post

dave-northblock  
Years ago

I dont think I fall into the category of a Brad Hill hater however sometimes he has brain fades for a short minute which allow the opposition to go on run for his turnovers and from a development player point of view, thats not on.
From the scoring side of things in the past 3 games, he has done something and I can appreciate that.
As for being a Darren Ng hater, nah..... he's pretty good and this year hasnt suffered from cramping(touch wood) so all's well from a Darren side.

At the end of the day, I want the team to win like we all do. Its a team game, unlike tennis which is purely very much a one player sport. His contribution last night went a long way to getting the win.

Reply #302128 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan.  
Years ago

Initially it is easy to compare the stats { FG% and PTs Ave } pre and post Eddie Shannon and draw the conclusion that both players are benefiting from playing with a very experienced point man. The team has gone from having a rookie point man, to having a point man with 10 plus pro years experience in the top Euro leagues.

So far Hillbilly has only played 2 blinders but to me his game turned around at the High Stakes Hoops. That was the first time he seemed to have a definite specific role, where he knew what his job was and where his points were coming from. Clarke watched those games and is now using him in a similar role.

The big change in Ng is clearly his body. Obviously spent a lot of time in the gym pre season. It wasnt that long ago he was one of the lightest players in the NBL, and he couldnt guard anyone. Different story now.

Both players have done a lot of work to become very useful role players in a system that is now working. Lets hope it keeps working.

Reply #302129 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

HE is CRAP and so is HOLMES

Reply #302135 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

ive never heard one bad comment about ng?? where do you get that from??

only heard comments in the past about him improving in some areas which were perfectly rational arguments.

i think its a case of one or 2 posters not liking players and making several posts on the matter and some people will take those 6 comments by 2 different posters out of however many are on here and suddenly cry that the players are under-appreciated.

if that made sense lol...

Reply #302138 | Report this post

Sixersfan  
Years ago

Totally agree with you Tru Blue, I was a big time doubter of Hill and his inabilities to cope well within the NBL, has always had plenty of promise but just made the wrong decisions.

Now having his AIS mentor back seems to be developing well as well as having players like Creek, future looks exciting.

At the start of the season I even asked a couple of the guys within the Sixers if Hill was resigned due to his father after having a shocker of a season last year. Told me have faith, Marty would not have wanted him unless he knew he has potential.

So glad to see last nights game and can't wait for future home games. Also listened to Shannon's story after the game and its amazing to see a guy like him never let anything get you down. For those who weren't there talked about his eye and didn't tell anyone his eye was blurry from the age of 14 to 22.
When a player is coming up on the right side of him he feels/senses them.

Marty also had a few great words to say and I must say I believed everything he was saying.

FUTURE is looking up. Good to see some postivity back in this forum

Reply #302141 | Report this post

big dan  
Years ago

tru blue no one ever said they hated hill it was his decision making they hated me first .as far as to say fans hated ninja get a life he is and has always been the heart of this club .its only now that the coaches relise how bloody good he is .as far as holmes goes get off his back its not easy .finally its good to see a great win lets hope it keeps coming.because just like good decision making people will support winners.

Reply #302148 | Report this post

big dan  
Years ago

tru blue no one ever said they hated hill it was his decision making they hated me first .as far as to say fans hated ninja get a life he is and has always been the heart of this club .its only now that the coaches relise how bloody good he is .as far as holmes goes get off his back its not easy .finally its good to see a great win lets hope it keeps coming.because just like good decision making people will support winners.

Reply #302149 | Report this post

Gazza  
Years ago

Have to side with Tru Blu here. Hill has had more than 1 good game, he's had a few excellent games, plus a handful of solid ones.

I believe the comment was "Brad Hill is a good player" was thrown around out there as being the top fail comment of the decade... I'd say his performance thus far puts him firmly in the good category, and in my eyes, some way above it.

Reply #302150 | Report this post

Ando  
Years ago

I've never said that I hated Hill... I thought he had teriffic potential until that broken arm game. After that he seemed a bit gun shy in finishing off on the basket.

As for Ng.. I have said a few things about him because he frustrated me by making a couple of quick 3's and showing his worth, then dissappearing for the rest of the game. We always knew he had the game but until recently didn't bring it for the whole game.

Both of them need to keep producing good efforts for the whole game, each game. Then they will prove to all of us how good their game really is.

Reply #302152 | Report this post

Tru Blue Emcee  
Years ago

Big Dan i think you missed my whole point so im not even gonna bother with you....

Reply #302155 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

"I dont think I fall into the category of a Brad Hill hater"

Oh I'd say you do.

"Its a team game, unlike tennis which is purely very much a one player sport."

Thanks ;)

Reply #302156 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Clarke - " There's a lotta people who thought they knew better than us. We're gonna start showing them.
The guys are shooting well. All the people that were naysayers - doing too much work, lifting too many weights. Now we're where we wanna be."

Reply #302158 | Report this post

flatshot  
Years ago

Thought comments attributed to Marty in sunday Mail indicate he's been feeling the pressure-but NYE game may have been over-flattering - Shannon hill ballinger and Ng are not all going to shoot that well every night. But it was certainly an improvement but to say i was right and my training methods etc are what made that all happen maybe premature- lets wait and see on that.

Reply #302161 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hill Hater??

Yep I'm here.

Shit.

Reply #302258 | Report this post

Tru Blue Emcee  
Years ago

Wow heaps good #302258 you come into an online forum under an anonymous name and make a statement, your awesome!!!

Reply #302263 | Report this post

Mr.Koch  
Years ago

Tru Blue Emcee.

I am Anonymous 302258.

Season Ticket holder for a long time.

As I stated earlier Hill is shit. Liability. Not much more need to be said. Had many years to prove himself. Consistency is key.

Regards

Mr.Koch

Reply #302278 | Report this post

Ushiro  
Years ago

Not a good game tonight by the two in question but on the performance of the rest of the team - meh

Reply #302280 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Probably not the best post to put out half way thru a season on the back of one half good game. let's face it, Coach Clarke is really not superman and most of the team have more in common with Lois lane.

Reply #302314 | Report this post

big dan  
Years ago

tru blue no more to say what a jackass .has the nba rang yet

Reply #302330 | Report this post

Tru Blue Emcee  
Years ago

OK lets use Brad as a scapegoat, the whole team played like shit, players and coaches are accountable for that loss, in fact if you can tell me one player that played well yesterday, i will buy everyone steak dinners lol

Reply #302338 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Tru Blue, I think you've just thrown fuel on a fire (like Marty with his comments). Let the team play and good games will prove the point and little else.

Reply #302340 | Report this post

Tru Blue Emcee  
Years ago

I'm just trying to get a little positivity on this forum, but i know that's near impossible.
I still think B. Hill has improved this season, just trying to give credit where credit is due (i know he had a stinker last night but who didn't?)
And i still stick by any player for the 36ers past and present, because i love my team thru good and the bad times!

Reply #302343 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

So Brad Hill leads team in rebounds assists and steals,has zero t'overs ,shoots like shite as does everyone and as usual he's the bunny.Watch the game.

Reply #302348 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Just speak positively of these players IMO otherwise putting up something like this just ends up bringing it back worse. e.g., almost every 36er played badly last night, but Ng and Hill cop special attention in the game thread a few times. Know what I mean?

Same thing happened with Marty's comments. Coach and players look a little worse after this game than they otherwise would've.

Reply #302355 | Report this post

Tru Blue Emcee  
Years ago

im not afraid of people having a crack back at me, i knew if either player i mentioned had a bad game i would get some stick for it, but hey i wear my heart on my sleave...its all good!

Reply #302361 | Report this post

Tru Blue Emcee  
Years ago

Big Dan "has the NBA rang yet" proves you have even higher expectations than I did on him, stand down kid!

Reply #302362 | Report this post

big dan  
Years ago

be careful who you call kid l might be your dad

Reply #302366 | Report this post

big dan  
Years ago

be careful who you call kid l might be old enough your dad .no l did not have a higher expection of him you can only play to your ability and every now and again you play a blinder l hope he plays more

Reply #302368 | Report this post

Tru Blue Emcee  
Years ago

well we agree on something i hope he has more too, and by the way im not as young as ya think, and my dad passed away 3 years ago so yeah cheers!

Reply #302369 | Report this post

big dan  
Years ago

sorry to hear that so did mine .ditto

Reply #302375 | Report this post

Tru Blue Emcee  
Years ago

Anyone wanna talk about Brad Hill's game last night? Anyone? lol

Reply #303249 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That he scored a few points in the last quarter and got some deflections too? That he was horrible for the first 3 quarters? That he continues to be a liability in defense? That he got blocked by abercrombie at least twice cuz he went up soft with a lay up instead of a dunk? That he sooked about both blocks claiming he got fouled when he clearly didnt?

Nope I've got nothing to say about another typical brad hill performance.

Reply #303251 | Report this post

Tru Blue Emcee  
Years ago

Our 2nd best player tonight:

Player Pos Min FG 3 Points Free Throws Rebounds AS TO STL Blocks Fouls Pts

Brad Hill GRD 27:52 6/13 46 1/4 25 4/8 50 2 3 5 2 2 5 0 1 3 5 17

yeah your right get rid of him...pfft!!!

Reply #303252 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

If that's a 'typical' Brad Hill performance then lock him in for next year!

But can we not give this thread a workout every week? All that says is he lacks consistency.

Reply #303253 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He doesn't cast a shadow and is not worth any more words despite 'tru blue hill's' opinion

Reply #303254 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tru Blue restarted the conversation. Did I say get rid of him? No. Did I say he can't play NBL? No.

Tru Blue who is obviously a mate of Brad's is trying to talk Brad up. I merely mentioned the facts of Hill's game. He's a bench NBL player who has a lot to learn and may never do that while he continues to work and live under the shadow of his father; who just happens to be a co-owner and the person most responsible for putting the on-court team together. If his father was not in re position he's in would Brad be playing the minutes and rol he is? Of course not.

Tru Blue how about dealing with that?

Hill has his moments and the 4th quarter he showed how he can contribute to the team. But stop talking up your mate it's just embarrassing.

Reply #303255 | Report this post

Tru Blue Emcee  
Years ago

Hahahah, i don't even know Brad personally, though i have met him a couple times. This thread was mainly directed at the people that say Brad dosent even deserve a spot on the team (if the previous sentence doesn't sound like a comment you would make then its not directed at you)
I just find it annoying that even when a player is having a better season that previous ones that they still get hated on.

And god forbid any positivity on this forum....

Reply #303256 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:03 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754