Scotty G
Years ago

NBA D League overated

Interesting question: Is the NBA D League overated and that most of the good guys not playing in the NBA are playing in Europe? Speaking to an NBL coach last week his impression was that the physical European style game is more suited to the NBL than the D League and thats why alot of guys are struggling out of the D League.
Your thoughts????

Topic #24669 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

d-league is overrated. does have talented individual players but its a stats league, aint about winning.

Reply #302609 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

The D-League is a "me" league.

And whilst it does have some very talented individuals, each of these players is trying to earn an NBA contract and hence plays for themselves IMO rather than the team. they also want to win, but making ones self look good in front of NBA scouts is the primary objective of most D-League players from what I have seen.

The European leagues are all about team structure and of course winning. The offensive and defensive structures as opposed to the one-on-one style of play in the D-League is more comparable to the NBL.

Reply #302613 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL is just another european league. It's shit basketball. and wayyyy tooo boring.

Reply #302622 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Anon - you are a moron and the boring one.

Reply #302624 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

first hand experience, winning or losing in D-League mean jack all. is it over-rated?! yes and no. the talents are there.

I think not many people remember the point of D-League, for (personal) development!!! i guess kind of like the approach with AIS here where winning or losing isn't the emphasis.

Reply #302648 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Correct, the D League isnt overrated in that it provides a pool of players NBA clubs can call on and a place for their fringe players to stay match fit. Are their teams as good as the NBL or the good European leagues? Unlikely, but that's not the point.

Having said that, there are so many talented players around the world, put them in a system that suits anywhere and they will do well provided they put in the work.

Reply #302698 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:09 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754