Isaac
Years ago

NBL Round 12 Player of the Week

The very second he got that tenth assist, you knew it was coming.

Corey 'Homicide' Williams of the Melbourne Tigers has been named the National Basketball League’s Player of the Week for Round 12 of the iiNet NBL Championship after recording a rare triple-double in his team’s 87-66 defeat of the Adelaide 36ers.

Williams reached double-figures in three key statistical categories, notching 12 points, 10 rebounds and 11 assists as the Tigers won back-to-back games for the first time this season with a home win over the 36ers at the State Netball Hockey Centre (AKA ‘The Cage’) on Sunday.
Also close were Nevill (23 and 5 in a win), Hinder (18/7/2 in a win against table-topping NZ) and Redhage (17.5 PPG), Lisch (14 PPG) and Weigh (16.5 PPG) in a 2-0 road-trip.

And here's everyone else:
Other players in consideration for the award included Mark Worthington (Gold Coast), Kevin Braswell (New Zealand), Eric Devendorf (Melbourne), Eddie Shannon (Adelaide), Aaron Grabau (Cairns), Alex Loughton (Cairns), Gary Wilkinson (New Zealand), Ira Clark (Gold Coast), Gary Ervin (Wollongong) and Julian Khazzouh (Sydney).

How did Ervin still make it despite 15 points, 4 TO, shooting 5/19 FG and losing to Adelaide? I thought Forman (17 points to lead the Hawks in scoring that game) was a toss-up if you wanted to include a Hawk, but Ervin did not have a great game at all, right?

Topic #24671 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

thought redhage shouldve gotten it after leading his team to 2 away victories...oh well...

Reply #302664 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I think if you could not see this coming, you were either a Perth Wildcats fan or someone who confuses the NBL with the NBA and still thinks that Andrew Gaze plays for the Melbourne Tigers.

Reply #302669 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I watched all this with bemusement.
If it wasn't all hype , thought Nevill epitomized what the award is about.

Reply #302693 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Nevill for mine. Super game.

Reply #302700 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

The NBL has on most week's clearly shown that the award does not necessarily go to the best player that round, but the most high profile...

Reply #302707 | Report this post

hanging round  
Years ago

At least Adelaide can "claim" some credit for Homicide winning this week.

Reply #302709 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Nevill deserved it.

Ervin on that list is a joke.

Give me Wortho way over Lisch, Rusty and Weigh despite GC's loss. But I usually underrate that whole "winning" thing I guess.

Reply #302751 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I would've gone with Nevill - he set that win up with perfect play and drawing key fouls on Balls.

The other option was Hinder who took down the Breakers (top of the table, more or less full strength AFAIK, and decent on the road this year).

Reply #302761 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:55 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754