Isaac
Years ago

Hoops SA Player Award

If there was to be an award given by Hoops SA in the field of basketball in this state, what should it be?

It'd be great to have a number of awards in name only (i.e., people talking and naming their favourites for a wide-variety of titles), but I think we have the opportunity to hand out a physical trophy for one award. It wouldn't be anything "official", but it'd be a bit of fun and hopefully the winner would get a kick out of it. One of the main passions of this forum is the Central ABL as the pinnacle of our club competition. The MVP from this league is already covered by another award, and I think there might be awards for U21, etc.

What award might be appropriate for this forum to allocate? Here are a couple of ideas to get people giving their suggestions or votes:

- Most accurate
- Best team man
- Best all-rounder
- Most improved
- Best defensive
- Single best game (finals or regular season)
- etc

Which of these are already covered? Do any have a cute tie-in with the forum (Least Accurate, haha, First place to hear about things, Trash-talking, etc).

Any thoughts?

My thinking is that it should be something likely to reward someone that might be missed by more official awards.

Topic #247 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Best Hustler/Floor Soldier (someone who gets after the ball) would also be another good one.

Reply #1890 | Report this post

Poncho  
Years ago

What about a sixth man award for the Central ABL. I don't think that they have that one. The player would have had too have started on the bench for more than half the games.

Reply #1891 | Report this post

Years ago

What about an award for the abl player that contributes most to their clubs junior development.

TOTAL BASKETBALL AWARD

Reply #1893 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like poncho's idea

Reply #1906 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

In the French Soccer Leagues they have votes for the "Most Favourite Player" and "Least Favourite Player" .... ;)

Reply #1937 | Report this post

j bags  
Years ago

Off the back of a couple of games I've seen I would like to nominate
Nathan Hawkes for the inaugural:

Crumble like chalk award.

This is given to outstanding achievement in disintegration under pressure in tight games.

He edged out other nominees:
Mike McKay (north)
Danny Kosmida (south)
Nick Hambour (north)

Reply #1958 | Report this post

j bags  
Years ago

I would like to anounce the winner of this years:

Holy crap!!!!! Let me get the Fire Extinguisher Award

This award represents outstand achievment in bending oppossing teams over, and introducing them to John Thomas.

This year it is awarded to Jacob Holmes, on the back of his consistant ramming, an outstanding season, and tearing Sturt a new....ring in the finals.

Close contenders were:
Darren Ng
Paul Pochintesta
Brenton Campbell

Bags how did you get into the achademy?

Reply #2119 | Report this post

S Vidmar  
Years ago

Give me a break Pochintesta, he lit up early but then was well and truly found out.

Reply #2125 | Report this post

j bags  
Years ago

Congratuations to the winner of this years "What the hell is wrong with you now!? award"

The lucky reciever of this award has displayed uncanny ability to come down freakish injuries in completely random and disappointing fashion.

And the winner is.......
Paul Pochintesta!

Paul's luck has been out the window this year. Starting off with stress fractures in his foot, and having to indure pain through every game of the season, and this forced him to sit out 2 games during the season. Added to this he tore his achillies in the last game when he was primed to light up south for at least 50! Obviously he isn't irish!

Emmys in my bag

Reply #2139 | Report this post

j bags  
Years ago

For my next trophy I would like to anounce the winner of this years:

Best impersination on a praying mantus award!

This is given to the player that has shown outstanding ability in the field of being a twig!

This was a close race. In the end extra height allowed,
JOE INGLES
to take out this years award.

Congratulations joe!

Do you think you'll need a bag for those extra whoppers?

Reply #2184 | Report this post

hello, i need paul pochintesta email, because y have the same surname y y don t know him and y would like something about him...if anyone have his mail it woul be good.

thank
esteban pochintesta
from argentina.

Reply #18623 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

this has been taken care of, thanks Isaac

Reply #18626 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:35 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754