anon
Years ago

Typical BSA - Half arsed line marking

I have just been down to the port stadium and noticed the floors have been re-done. Not uncommon for this time of year.

But on a closer look I noticed that the New 3 point lines have been installed on the courts.
Problem I have with this is the old ones haven't been removed.
The new charge lines have been installed in the keyways - But the keyways are still the same old style and not the new box style.

Come on - How half arsed can you be BSA...

With a little bit more time and effort :
- the old 3 point lines should of been removed.
- the keyways should of been changed to the new standard.
- the sidelines should of been repainted in white and not just lacqured over agian. They are alreay piss yellow in colour.
- the blank sponsors logo should of been removed.
- all the random unused lines should also be removed - like the green roller hockey lines!!

This is a court that BSA hold their premier local competition on the ABL.
How can it not be marked up like all the other courts in the league???

Have any of the other clubs had their courts remarked - and also had them done half arsed?

Topic #24719 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

maybe you could enquire with BSA in the reasoning on why the courts have been done that way.
ph:8345 8600 and select ceo option

Reply #303422 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do the new 3 point lines end up outside the side lines?

Reply #303424 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The old 3 point line is still required for Under 14's

Reply #303427 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes but our stadium is in the country and its done by the local council

Reply #303428 | Report this post

CSI  
Years ago

how about you ask about the reasons maybe that the old line is so embedded in the court that to remove it would remove too much wood to make it viable.

how about you take a look at the flooring Einstein and see if you can make it work. You come on deriding BSA but have you actually tried to work out the reasons that they would leave both lines there?

so who is half arsed? No it is easier to hop on here and shoot your mouth off without the facts as someone said higher up why don't your ring BSA and check first. But that maybe too easy for you too do.

Reply #303430 | Report this post

illiterate  
Years ago

What is "SHOULD OF BEEN" mate ? I am not very literate hence need help.

Reply #303437 | Report this post

aussieboomers4eva  
Years ago

If the Breakers can't fix up their travesty of a court, which should be the premier floor in their whole country, then perhaps you should cut BSA some slack.

Oh and illiterate, in my experience trawling internet forums, most of the english speaking world types should of instead of should've. You're fighting a losing battle. Incorrect? Certainly. Annoying? Perhaps. Worth a sarcastic post? Probably not.

Reply #303443 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

I was just over on the SA rollerhockey forum and they're all pretty chuffed their green lines have been retained.

Reply #303447 | Report this post

bang  
Years ago

I have also seen the new markings at port adelaide , its a joke . Old key and new three point line but hang on only the top of the three point line is regulation, the sides are the same as the old one, these should also be further out.. Guess close enough is good enough for bSA. And I don't want to hear the court is too small excuse to have all the new lines added. You can have a court that is half regulation and half joke.

Reply #303449 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

Reply #303430

how about you ask about the reasons maybe that the old line is so embedded in the court that to remove it would remove too much wood to make it viable.
- the lines on the courts are marked into the top layer of wood. Come on its plywood. Even a light sand back and leave them faint would look a hell lot better.
- So whats the excuse for again not painting the side/base lines? They are now a off yellow colour not white anymore - justs looks bad.

how about you take a look at the flooring Einstein and see if you can make it work. You come on deriding BSA but have you actually tried to work out the reasons that they would leave both lines there?
- I can see how the new 3 point line has to travel up the sideline straight due to the width of the court. But why not do the new keyway? There is plenty of room to widen the keyway half a foot each way to make it a standard court?
- To do the new keyway - little sanding would be needed just paint over the old keyway and then varnish - this job went in the too hard basket.

Reply #303456 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

FYI, its BA's recommendation that the old three point line be retained. It will be retained for under 14 competitions and potentially Under 16's from what i understand.

Reply #303458 | Report this post

moses  
Years ago

all that timber shooting from the ark

Reply #303526 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

It'll kill the courts. Big problem and an expensive one to fix. Makes Southern's courts look terrific though - shame they didn't use a darker colour for the lines.

Reply #303558 | Report this post

Gazza  
Years ago

ANON - you forking over the dosh for these easy solutions you speak of? Currently, the changes have required no sanding - just new line markings, and varnish. The dollars quickly sky-rocket when you start sanding courts back. Or perhaps you'd volunteer to sand it back for free?

Don't get me wrong, it's a bad look, and those courts would have to be one of the worst surfaces I've played on, but basketball isn't exactly the sport that the governments are throwing funding at these days - they'd rather waste 50-something million to get one vote for the soccer world cup! They've dopne what they can with the resources they have.

Reply #303574 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

Will the old keyways be a disadvantage to visiting teams (who play on it once a year) or the home team (who have to switch between old and new every second week)?

Reply #303662 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:14 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754