themvpiskb24
Years ago

Carmelo Trade - So close

3 team deal involving several players from the Nets and the Nuggets as well as Rip Hamilton from Detroit...All of a sudden, the Nets will look like they will make some playoff noise next season (giving them time). What do you think?

Topic #24722 | Report this topic

themvpiskb24  
Years ago

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/01/09/carmelo.anthony.trade.close/index.html#

Here's the link

Reply #303438 | Report this post

BigD  
Years ago

I think NJ are massively stupid, they have a great core of potential filled players coming up. Billups is old and might not even play, Hamilton is in twilight mode. i'm sure NJ fans are hoping Melo says no.

Reply #303441 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just don't see Melo wanting to play for NJ, I Still think he will be a Jnick next season

Reply #303444 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think with the move to Brooklyn Carmelo might be enticed to stay but they aren't going to be contenders if this is the only move they make. I personally think they should be patient and get another high first round pick in with Favours, Lopez and Harris

Reply #303453 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I'm a Knicks fan and hold hope Carmelo or even CP3 can find themselves in Madison Garden Garden in a Knick uniform.

The Nets are stupid if the trade occurs. What BigD has said above, I agree with.

Reply #303454 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

While Paul going to NY sounds good, I doubt they'll want him considering how well Felton has been playing under D'Antoni.

Melo seems the logical choice, probably to replace the likes of Danillo Gallinari.

While Brook Lopez is an up and coming Center; I don't really consider him to be a prize catch in the Melo sweepstakes. Would be good to send Melo and Billups to NY and have Billups backup Felton. Or perhaps give the Knicks Melo and Rip.

Reply #303457 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Yeah Felton has been playing well in New York.

I'd love Hamilton and Melo in New York. That would be the ultimate.

Reply #303473 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

The Nuggets are beginning to act a bit desperate in an attemtp to get something as part of a trade instead of losing Melo for nothing at season's end.

Reply #303475 | Report this post

hooked  
Years ago

As a nets fan, i was happy that it looked like melo was coming to brooklyn, but then i read the article!

to lose harris, and a good core of young players for two guys past their prime, and a superstar?! pfft no thanks...

melo stay in denver!

Reply #303486 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

NJ have a great core of potential players? I actually like Favors as a prospect but if giving him up means getting Anthony (on an extended contract) I would do it everytime. If you are clearly getting the best player in the trade, who is still relatively young, i'd roll the dice.

Keep losing and stockpiling draft picks and become the Clippers from the past 10 years or get a superstar player and become relevant again in the NBA.

Reply #303528 | Report this post

BigD  
Years ago

The only reason the Clippers suck so much is because they have an owner Donald Sterling who refuses to pay any players at all.

Reply #303563 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:32 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754