clarky
Years ago

Darren Ng out for 8-12 weeks

According to the recent email update from the Sixers, Darren Ng could miss most of the remaining games this season,

Talented and in form Adelaide 36ers guard Darren Ng has suffered a season threatening ankle injury. Initial xrays cleared him of bone damage but a further MRI scan revealed significant ligament damage.

Early prognosis is that one of the league's premier perimeter shooters will be sidelined for 8 - 12 weeks. The 36ers coaching staff and management will meet later today to discuss the options available to them.

Topic #24729 | Report this topic

SRT070  
Years ago

damn! just as i was hoping it wasnt something massive. could this be an opening for Harris??

Reply #303501 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Oh well, best to keep him out for the season then rather than try and rush things.

Best of wishes again.

It seems out list of shooters is wearing thin..

Reply #303502 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Aww damn it :(

Here's to a speedy recovery.

This season and the last have been trying times.

Reply #303506 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

does that mean that when Carter comes back we will have Bruce as well to cover NG

Reply #303508 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

8 - 12 weeks seems a bit long. Maybe a bit of hypobaric treatment can cut that down.

I hope we take Harris instead of Bruce. Rhys Carter will be back after this next game. We are covered in the guard spots and I think Ron will perform now knowing that not only is his time in the NBL depending on it but his time anywhere.

Reply #303510 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

This is a terrible blow and one I was hoping not to have. Let's let Darren rest and recover properly instead of rushing back.

Has anyone else noticed it's all our guards who are going down with the big injuries?

Reply #303515 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

36ers should go after Demos.
He had a great game last night, and IMO he is an upgrade from Darren Ng.
He is more versatile than Ng--He can stroke the 3, Get to the rack with a quick first step and he plays excellent in your face defence.

Demos is a really tough cover. Problem with Ng is that he is one-dimensional--When he isnt stroking the 3, he isn't doing too much else.

Reply #303519 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Would rather just keep Herbert.

Reply #303521 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If they take harris i will personally go down to front office and leave a turd on their doorstep.

just because he is tall doesnt mean he can play people

Reply #303523 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If they take harris i will personally go down to front office and leave a turd on their doorstep.

just because he is tall doesnt mean he can play people

Reply #303524 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

8-12 weeks, that's pretty much the season. You would imagine they would look to keep Bruce. Why open up the door for another club to grab a talented young Aussie who seems to want to play in Adelaide?

Reply #303530 | Report this post

very old  
Years ago

Now Now anonymous, no need to abandon any member of your immediate family in the hope someone's family with an average IQ above 30 will take them in, I'm certain not all of them are as genetically damaged as you are.

Reply #303531 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I'd keep Bruce also.

Reply #303534 | Report this post

Dct  
Years ago

Lure Schenscher back to Adelaide or even Khazzouh.

Go with just one import at the start of the season and keep the spare one up your sleave if required.

Schenscher / DJ
Ballinger / Holmes
Herbert / Hill
Import / Ng
Carter / Bruce

Reply #303538 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

cut them all and start again for crying out loud, most these blokes have been around for the past 4 years and done NOTHING

Reply #303539 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

^ your an idiot

Reply #303540 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

^ Agree!

Reply #303541 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Dct, you forgot Creek.

Reply #303542 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

Would love to see the Schench back in a sixers uniform but not sure if he would fit in with the points system and salary cap.

Reply #303543 | Report this post

Ushiro  
Years ago

If you go with only one import, the points and salary should be ok. Going on the standard of 36ers imports this season, Schenscher would definately be an improvement.

Reply #303548 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Back to Ng, not only a blow to the team but a huge personnal blow to Ng. He had stepped up the last few games and was playing alot better than I think he ever has. This injury could really affect the momentom he was starting to build in his career. Hopefully he can recover strongly and maybe work on some upper body strenght while he is off his feet!! Goodluck to him

Reply #303550 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I agree Skud, I have never personally rated Ng, until this season. He has improved with each game. Heres to a speedy recovery.

Reply #303551 | Report this post

3 pointer  
Years ago

I agree that Ng has improved this season but all sixers fans must come to the reality that the sixers will NEVER win a championship with Darren Ng and Brad Hill playing major minutes for our team.
They are at very best both 8 and 9 men in a championship rated team.
They are both simply too inconsistant to be rated any higher.
If we are looking at building a championship contending team, the roster next year should bascially look like this.

Bruce / Carter
Import / Greenwood
Import / Herbert / Creek
Ballinger / Dowdell
Big Luke / Johnston

Sorry but if we serious about being a legimate contender than there is absolutly no room in this team for Holmes / Hill / or NG.

Reply #303559 | Report this post

YeTi  
Years ago

3 pointer, Greenwood is signed to go to University of New Mexico next year.

Reply #303560 | Report this post

3 pointer  
Years ago

Ok take greenwood out and replace him with Hill.

Reply #303564 | Report this post

3 pointer  
Years ago

and Hill only plays 5-8 mins a game. We need to be giving both our imports major minutes!!

Reply #303566 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree with 3 pointer

Reply #303568 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Perhaps there are those that could play more of Ngs minutes on Sunday, like Howard
and that might be his last one here, with Carter about a week away.

Reply #303573 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

3 pointer, Ng has been 9th or 10th man in for the 36ers this year (my dad has been paying specific attention and letting me know).

Ushiro, might still perturb a few fans to go with one or no imports, but surely this season has shown that save for a handful of decent ones, the import game is now a bit of an expensive gamble. Also, as I've said before (though in the context of centres), signing locals prevents them falling into the hands of other teams. e.g., swap two Adelaide imports for Schenscher and Petrie and you impact two other teams in the process.

Reply #303577 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

If we could lure Schensch back I would be happy for us to run with only the 1 import.

Will Schensch come back though? What length contract did he sign with the Crocs?

Reply #303601 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Just the one year.

Reply #303603 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

It's no surprise that most of the guys people consider the top imports play on the best teams with the best performing local talent (Ervin, Ubaka, Wilkinson, Braswell, Lisch), the only exception is probably Williams and he is an exceptional player. Adelaide the past few years hasnt had the Aussie talent to make life easier for the imports, and underperforming imports have been the result.

But even the best imports arent better than the top locals, so if you can sign a gun Aussie that should be the preferred option. Sign imports to fill the gaps in the roster.

The other important thing is to sign imports who give you something you dont have. For Adelaide recently that has been frontcourt athleticism/defence and decision making/leadership. In Shannon the latter has been solved, but either guys like Worthington, Vukona or Petrie are needed or an import with similar traits to those guys.

Reply #303606 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Here is a lineup for next year I would like to see

Big Luke/Johnson
Ballinger/Majok
Import/Creek
Import/Herbert
Bruce/Carter

I think this should fit under the points cap as other than your imports and the two redheads everyone should be 6 or less.

Reply #303618 | Report this post

The Brad  
Years ago

Bruce will take Ng's spot. Carter may not be back for a couple of weeks if at all anyway so hopefully Howard will get some extra minutes to prove his worth.

Reply #303621 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seems to me what we need is a big man in the middle. Didn't we play a 7 footer a few weeks ago. I know Clark reckons his first step is too slow. What the heck!!!!! Look at Paul Rees, but he was great in the key.

Reply #303628 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Difference being that Paul Rees was a veteran who knew how to defend every other centre in the league.

Reply #303632 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Thats good point Isaac re defence with Harris but how well have Balls and Holmes been doing along with DJ and Dowdell .
Not sure he can help but cant get much worse although Holmes works his butt off way way to small against 6-10 - 7 footers etc.
Thought Adams defence was getting better but last 2 games 2 games welllll

Reply #303642 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Put Marcus in Darren's shirt and get him on the court!

Reply #303644 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

It'd be a shame to have a decent center not reach his full potential due to lack of faith and court time.

In completely unrelated news, we can all see what a solid Aussie center looks like when Garlepp comes home this Sunday.

*ahem*

Reply #303649 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah Loco,
Garlepps 5.5 points and 3.8 rebounds a game at 35% from the field is something I'm aching to see!
And he's not a centre ...

Reply #303651 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

At 6"8' he'd qualify for the 5 spot here.

Isaac, about that Anon button...

Reply #303653 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

paul rees was not the most talented player but worked hard n was smart why cant he give harris some tips.

Reply #303656 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Reesy could teach Harris to surf.

On Brad Davidson :p

Reply #303669 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:36 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754