The Special 1
Years ago

36ers Rotations

Ok I love Marty as a coach & I think he is going to be great in the next few years for the club, but were was Howard last night. Is there anyone who knows how many minutes he played, just interested cause it hardly looked liked he was out there. Now with all the injuries Howard needs more minutes.

To me with last nights game every time a player was doing well Marty would sub them off. Why change it, if you do well leave them on just for an extra min or 2 then sub them out.

Its no point beating teams just above us or below us we need to beat the teams like Wollongong (away, i know we beat them at home), New Zealand & even Cairns. Once we start wining games away we will be a force.
Anyway good luck to the Sixers

Topic #24766 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Is there anyone who knows how many minutes he played, just interested cause it hardly looked liked he was out there
Yes, many people would know how many minutes he played and you can too! Go to the NBL website, into the livestats area (or stats area) and look up the boxscore.

Here's the live stats boxscore. He played 26+ minutes, more than anyone in the team besides Shannon or Ballinger.

Reply #304246 | Report this post

The Special 1  
Years ago

thanks Issac, i didnt even think bout the nbl site for minutes played. Atleast he played 26 minutes, it didnt seem like it tho

Reply #304254 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

most here will harp on about his rotations being a tad too quick but i cant think that can be said about sundays game.

very good to see creek get extended time.

Reply #304266 | Report this post

The Special 1  
Years ago

I agree it was awesome to see Creek get extended minutes. The more he plays the better he will get

Reply #304269 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Special 1, the current Sixers lineup has been able to beat nearly every team in the league at home; just poor execution and lack of common sense has lost it for us.

Last time we faced the Hawks away, we would have won, but once again, some bad decision making and lack of common sense cost that one. That game is a good example of "holding ones own" against a superior team. Shame that tempo can't be consistent.

Reply #304287 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Here Clarke has 40% of the team that weren't with us at the start and 7 players scoring double figures.
That's very,very good.

Reply #304295 | Report this post

Soulman  
Years ago

The bottom line is we won the game, so no disrespect to Marty or any of you guy's. There was only two passages of play that I thought we had the wrong line up on court but as stated we won the game so who cares . 1st. Was the end of first qtr, I thought after our good start we had no prolific shot makers on in last two minutes ie. Ballinger, Hill. 2nd. Was last qtr maybe we could have returned Balls a little quicker than last three mins . I would have injected him into line up in the timeout prior to that just felt the time was right then and would not have let the G/C get a sniff.

Reply #304298 | Report this post

BALLER#3  
Years ago

Why did dowdell play only a few minutes?

Reply #304337 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Phil beat me thought that Marty got the subs right this week with a little slip up leading to a break with no shooters and nobody wanted to and poor Daly ended up with again with no time left .
Whilst agree Creek deserved minutes and is going to be a real player concerns me he cant drill a open shot .
Hope Marty was also encouraged by DJ last Qtr to start next game

Reply #304397 | Report this post

Ushiro  
Years ago

Managed to see the last 1/4 from Sunday on replay yesterday and the team certainly looked the best when Johnson, Ballinger, Hill, Shannon and Howard were on together.

Reply #304409 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:07 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754