KB3
Years ago

Feedback for one HD

As has been shown, One HD management read ye ole hoops so thought i would offer up some suggestions and other posters may want to do the same on how they can improve the broadcast

1. Include fg %'s in the stats
2. Include turnovers in the stats
3. Get some ex coaches involved to commentate ala Van Gundy , Collins and RIP Chuck Daly.
4.Keep the half court shot of the court wide, too often the camera is focused on the ball handler and you dont see the offence or just how the guy who scored got open. A tight shot also means a lot of off the ball stuff is missed
5. Commentators have generaly been ok , for mine Heal and Gaze offer the best relaxed conversational style. Stay away from the Wingard radio/afl style of calling.
6. Backboard camera , move the camera from being through the rim to above it, same as the NBA. Quite often they use this camera for dunk replays and all you see is the ball going in and two/ one hand on the rim.
7. Don't repeat mistakes of the past by turning it into the Sydney Kings plus some other teams. Would love to see how exactly the Taipans are getting it done this year. I appreciate the whole numbers thing of big city weights but if you truly want to support the L then everyone needs to be on TV to attract sponsors etc. No regional teams = no league so may as well help them as much as possible.
8. Ditch jvg from the highlights show for Grantley Bernard or Boti Nagy who can bring some fun to the show as well as good insights.
9. Get some sought of top ten plays going on Overtime
10. Bring in the sounds of the game again ala NBA so that we can here what is being said in crucial moments

Topic #24770 | Report this topic

vanexel31  
Years ago

love the job one HD is doing, keep up the great work. Love having so much bball on free to air tv.

Reply #304306 | Report this post

NBA agent  
Years ago

agree with the stuff KB3.
Going off topic would like to see replays of NBA games not just the night they were just on but during the week as well.

Reply #304317 | Report this post

Fair feedback but loving the fta basketball anyway. The only way is up! Well done so far!

Reply #304319 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#9 and #10 would be BRILLIANT if OneHD did that for us!

Reply #304339 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just loving how much basketball there is NBL & NBA on free to air.

I no complain!

Reply #304342 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

6 8 and 10 would be a go-er.

Reply #304377 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

i've got some feedback for OneHD - stop being fucking tight arses and put teams from all around the country on you channel!

pricks!

Reply #304394 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:10 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754