Isaac
Years ago

Forestville men beat Flames

Can't remember the score specifically, but I did hear that the Eagles topped the Flames tonight. Newley followed up 7 first game turnovers with 6 tonight and didn't exactly shoot the lights out. Farman was efficient and Dix had a well-rounded statline. Mottram, unfortunately, will be out injured for a couple of months at least, I believe.

Best stats for the Flames were Will Foster (22 and 15 I think) and Scott Arnold (20 or so).

Not sure of the women's scoreline.

Topic #2479 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Here are the boxscores:

Women: 78-56

Men: 102-87

Dix's effort in this game was a very solid 45.5 HSA. 13, 8 and 8, plus 4 blocks.

I've added the four boxscores from the South vs West and Forestville vs Norwood games to the Stats page.

Reply #27757 | Report this post

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

The shooting of Sutton and Sullivan was the difference.. Norwood did not find enough % from outside.

Was a very exciting game ... Foster and Newley was a great match of the "atheletes"... and Scott Arnold getting into a bit of pushing with Mottram was gold too.

Some big dunks ... Newleys on the fast break was good ... but Foster had a baseliner 'almost'(b/c Farnam ran away) over the Defence that was pure class.

Score blew out a little in the last 3 mins ... but it was between 5-11 points all game.

Well done to both teams, crowd was good size too.

Reply #27779 | Report this post

Punter  
Years ago

What injury did Mottram suffer to put him out for that time is it his knee again?

Reply #27901 | Report this post

coach k  
Years ago

I believe it was something to do with his AC joint. Not a dislocation or anything like that, but something that will put him out of action for 8 weeks, and out of the Tiger's China trip.

Reply #27906 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The Advertiser says he injured his shoulder, but I assumed it was his knee. Still, he got in 4 fouls in the 10 minutes before getting injured, so we know it's the real Neil!

Reply #27918 | Report this post

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

Dix was the dominant big man.

Mottram had a pretty ugly start .. showed his lack of mobility, and match fitness.

He did get two "suspect" fouls in succession ... but he was playing at home .. so i guess F'ville cant scream bias on those.

Dix got the job done on the defensive end with some massive blocks closing down Norwoods penetration thru the centre. He also rattled in some handy points when they needed it, and other than a couple of turn-overs on the break(when he forgot he is not a point guard).. he played well.

Reply #27922 | Report this post

mp  
Years ago

Will Foster's Drive and Dunk in the 2nd Quarter was sensational, not to mention Newley's one hand throw down in the 4th?.

Reply #27968 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:06 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754