Dusan Vavic
Years ago

All Star Update Tickets and State of Voting

As promised an update for the All Star weekend.
First the mundane, but still very important...Tickets.
These will be available from BASA as from Monday 26 July, 2004. Cost is $10 per person per day. 15 and under will be a gold coin donation to the Hudson Maher Foundation. There will be limited seating, so get in early.

With two weeks left to go in the voting the state of the nation is this (all names are in alaphabetic order)for the conferences, teams and positions (I have given the top 5 vote getters in each position)

North Men Inside Bell (WA), Bradley (W), Clayton (CD), Hambour (NA), Krause (N)

North Men Outside Arnold (N), Atkins (CD), Hawkes (NA), Ng (W), Van Den Berg (W)

North Women Inside Barrett (W), Hill (NA), Keller (N), Truslove (WA), Winfield (N)

North Women Outside Hopgood (N), Lamshed (WA), Phillips (NA), Piwanski (WA), Sourlatzis (WA)

South Men Inside Forman (S), Hodges (ST), Rees (F), Trebilcock (EM), Vasiljevic (F)

South Men Outside Bauer (S), Campbell (F), Goodenough (EM), Holmes (EM), Pochintesta (ST)

South Women Inside Bowley H (S), Bowley M (S),O'Brien S (EM), Nelson (ST), Smith (F)

South Women Outside Flanagan (F), Mahoney (S), Nixon (S), O'Brien C (EM)

Something to discuss here I reckon.

Until next update.

Dusan

Topic #248 | Report this topic

S Vidmar  
Years ago

Atkins is a great bloke but he is not in the same league as the 3 guards his is in front of, I think he has alot of mates logging on or he is a teacher and all of the students areon board, little suss, doesnt deserve a spot in front of two guards already in the final.

Reply #1904 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Mo is fairly tight with Atkins and no and trust me, the dude ain't a teacher (though he doesn't mind the attention of the young ladies down at the Starplex). Check Justin Clayton rated third amongst the big guys as well. I say the free internet available in the Starplex cafeteria is getting used just a tad too much. Ricky must have it on auto-repeat!

Reply #1910 | Report this post

incognito  
Years ago

Fellas, the names are alphabetical order! You cant rig this vote by auto repeat its pretty well setup.

Reply #1913 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Yeah, I already tried that :P

Reply #1936 | Report this post

charmaine  
Years ago

i guess we are going to get a few randoms in there due to friends voting and things like that....but generally i think the list looks pretty goood....
atkins, goodenough, and hodges probably dont deserve to be there in my opinion....atkins is simply not in that league (yet!!), and goodenough and hodges despite having very good careers to date, have had below average seasons...bauer also average season, but prob still should be there.
just my thoughts people.

Reply #2036 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:12 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754