Years ago

lightning v logan (spoiler)

wooo hooooo.....

adelaide 63 Logan 60

well done

Topic #24801 | Report this topic

+  
Years ago

looks like emma missed her first free throw for the season ( after around 25 in a row

Reply #304943 | Report this post

+  
Years ago

doh - still a quarter to go....

Reply #304945 | Report this post

+  
Years ago

that was tough - we get ahead by 1 with 6 seconds left and veally shoots a 3 with 2 seconds left (

Reply #304947 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Looks like Cayla Francis very good and Gretel Tippet pretty good.

DeMya Walker top scored for us agen

Aw well the Liz Canbage show on TV , tomorrow will cheer me up .

Reply #304948 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Cambage - game MVP on the TV game today, 33points.
Later, she told ABC TV that she was feeling sick , at half time.

Still, so big , so strong, too good.

Lightning have another go at Townsville, tonite.

Reply #304977 | Report this post

+  
Years ago

wnba here she comes....

Reply #304982 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

The coach had to put her on a little bit, in the second half, short spells, just enough to keep the margin.
Tom Maher -A bit of common sense, clear instructions, respect from players.
Some coaches are confusing.

Good thing it wasn't closer. The players were laughing and the commentators gave up, trying to follow what was going to be called a charge or a defensive foul.

Reply #304992 | Report this post

+  
Years ago

most wnba centres are 193-196 cms.

lizzy is 203 -

that is 203cm of no. 1 or 2 draft pick

good you good thing

Reply #304994 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I think we led logan all game , but still lost it.
While AIS had another win, tonite, over west coast.

Reply #305001 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well done Brownie he is doing a great job and well done to all the girls at the Tute a fantastic couple of weeks and an excellent result tonight. This is so good for Aus basketball!

Cambage was a machine yesterday exciting and wonderful to watch.

Reply #305002 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Adelaide were determined not to go bottom, after AIS won. Led 10 to 6 , half way thru the first qtr
but the lights went out , in Townsville.
Have to try agen, tomorrow.

Reply #305016 | Report this post

+  
Years ago

what happened with the lighting at lightning ?

Reply #305031 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Seems there was a fuse blown out, that left nothing but darkness.
The game starts agen , today, from scratch. ( not at 10 to 6 , half way thru the first qtr.)

Reply #305036 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Lightning - bottom , now - after the loss, in Townsville, today.

Reply #305053 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe stop playing marino full minutes every game and see if the other guards have got a team game

Reply #305057 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As a team the lightning only had 6 assists against Townsville. Kristen Veal averages that amount on her own. Maybe we should try and bring her home!

Reply #305066 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

one change would make an ocean of difference, Marino out for anybody, problem fixed.

Reply #305124 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Get real guys, the team exists so that Marino can play.

Reply #305201 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think the players are the problem - It is the coaches or lack of coaching. Listern to what the Commentators said last Saturday. It is a pity such a young side with talent to grow has wasted the whole year. Three Coaches and not one is any good. Steve the whole last quarter no sub - who lost the game?

Reply #305311 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Marino gets tired playing a full game , without a stop

While, Nagy often wrote that AIS shouldn't be in the League.
The Lightning have never been in such poor shape.

Reply #305351 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Marino is a bench player at best and a 3 mins a quarter 3 shooter with very average skills in every dept bar 3's. For her to play full games just prevents better players getting worthwhile time and is the key reason no one, and I mean no one wants to play for them and why talent leaves. To coach Lightning for any time would mean selling your soul to the devil and it's a hefty price.

Reply #305392 | Report this post

wam soosnam  
Years ago

Marino is not a bench player. She is an excellent shooter , who if played properly coming of screens and turn out cuts would embarrass other teams, and tear them apart. Putting her in 1, whilst what the family wants , is not what is best for her or any team she is in.

so ends the scripture

Reply #305419 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Yeah, I think that her situation personally/politically is clouding people's judgements of her as a player.
Ang can play. She may get a few more minutes than she deserves, and I can't speak on her attitude, but out on the court she is no chump. (and I'm far from her biggest fan)

Reply #305431 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

December emphasized something we already knew well.
Cambage and Maher - WNBL Player and Coach of the month
for 2 consecutive months.

Reply #305594 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dan, she hasn't got the game that most of her younger peers have and she doesn't deserve to head the minutes per game every week. The fact that she does goes a long way to explaining bottom position.

Reply #305607 | Report this post

Wam Soosnam  
Years ago

That is crap 5607.
She was the 4th highest scorer at the Olympics and has been one of the highest free throw % players in the WNBL for years.
She knows how to draw a foul.
I am with DD on this one.

Reply #305615 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

what are you all worried about anyway? all things are as they should be - Adelaide with the wooden spoon!

Reply #305640 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you play for NZ you will get the opportunity and most abl players would get a role in NZ so I don't rate that highly. She has a shot but I don't rate her game at all, petulant, big headed and protected are not qualities that endear to team mates.
There is an army of better talent that could and should take her role and improve the team. There is a host of quality players who would still be playing if the team wasn't revolving around the sun

Reply #305652 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:25 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754