skull
Years ago

Tigers vs Kings, Australia Day

i knew it wouldn't take homocide long to discover the melbourne nightclub scene........but on a tuesday night before the game???

Topic #24824 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

source??

Reply #305724 | Report this post

BigD  
Years ago

What is that even implying? the guy had 9pts 9reb 9asts, which is pretty good output. 6to isn't surprising considering the Tigers offense and the horrible offense the shuffle. And didn't shoot well but still a pretty good output he had there.

Reply #305726 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Thanks Melbourne. You just let that boof head coach win a game. How was he today. Moose looked like a kid in a candy shop with a $50 note

Reply #305728 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Tuned in for a bit of the replay of this and ended up switching off the TV. Crowd seemed dead, commentators didn't sound interested. Was it like that all game? If so, huge shame that this was the game that made it onto Ch 10.

Reply #305730 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Isaac, typical "rivalry game" for Australia day. Gaze even said it was "the two worst teams in the league right now" during the telecast, so not exactly hyping the game.

Think the highlight for Carfino and Gaze was when Khazzouh sank back-to-back 3ptrs.

Shame Australia day didn't wind up last Sunday. The Adelaide/Perth game would have fit the bill. Or even this weekends game would have done.

Reply #305732 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Isaac, you might have caught the action packed part of the game so avoid the replay.

Reply #305733 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Back to the drawing board for Westover. When he assembled this squad he thought he had 'all the bases covered'. Possibly the worst off season recruiting drive ever. & then Homicide supposed to come in late & mop up? Sign him for next season & start again. His record will give him 1 more season but Al might be facing a centrelink cue if that happens again!

Reply #305735 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

lol, on Sunrise this morning; they were celebrating Sydney with their 2 game win streak.

One comment was made to restart the season from two games ago so they could be in the Top 4.

Reply #305736 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

While it wasn't one of his best games, you couldn't blame that loss on Homicide - the whole team (other than Burston) seemed to take that game really casually.

Reply #305741 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

seriously the whole team could have been out till 4...

seasons over, no point in getting to paranoid about it..

Reply #305748 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Channel 10 gave occasion to see the NBL
but it felt flat.
'We are watching the 2 bottom teams and the imports aren't doing much' Gaze told us.
Critical reaction centred on Melbourne playing poorly
hence the problem with their audience.
There won't be any highlights from that game,
the half time shoot for $5000 , and the highlights package at the end , the livliest part.

Khazahou , of course, a little too fast for a slow Melbourne team.
Homicide mainly froced a drive to draw fouls.
A few air balls and hitting the side of the backboard
Gelder picked a few off the floor and put them in.

Reply #305759 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Reminds me - how are there so many air-balls in the NBL? Dann completely missed a wide-open three. Gilder had two shockers against the Hawks.

Reply #305763 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Yeah, it does draw the quality of the game into a downward spiral. Can understand the occasional jitters on court or an injury to the inaccuracy, but some players have been consistently bad.

Gilder is probably the big one for me. It's almost like his depth perception is very bad. Don't think he's THAT bad a player, but something has messed up his Mojo.

Is there perhaps some sort of problem with the fact alot of Games are now televised? I know it's pretty unlikely but considering the game is rebuilding its image here; do you think there are pep-talks about it being a TV game before tipoff and that causes some problems?

Reply #305771 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Bernard in the Melbourne paper:

lacking any great spark from playmaker Corey Williams (nine points, 2-11 FG, nine rebounds, nine assists, six turnovers).
The article spoke of an embarrassing performance, said that the Tigers barely hustled.

Reply #305799 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was a pretty bad game to watch. The standard of the NBL is really dropping.

Reply #305820 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Fair to say that they haven't all been that bad. Past years had shockers too.

Reply #305822 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They have Isaac but the amount of televised games this season that have been terrible would be higher.

It's alright for you and me we'll watch the NBL regardless but I'm not sure how the overall amount of games that have been on One HD this season could help it.

Reply #305825 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Won't argue there! OneHD/NBL have been brilliant at scheduling the worst for TV but then having all those Sydney games has been begging for that until recently.

Reply #305827 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The decision to almost show a weekly Kings game has been disappointing. I can understand why they did it wanting to get the Sydney market on board but it's not like it's a secret the Kings were going to be terrible.

Reply #305830 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

It's been a while, so I'm due for my regular whinge about this.

How hard is it to get us some freaking stats during the telecast?!?!?! Just a banner at the bottom of the screen for each time a stat is added, like FoxSports used to do and every other basketball telecast has!!

They told everyone on their facebook page after round 3 that they were working on it. Evidently not.

On a positive note, props to them on increasing the frequency and relevance of their replays.

Reply #305834 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

X,

The problem is as NBL fans we're not exactly in the position to be too picky.

What I'm genuinely worried about is that the NBL games haven't been getting great ratings and maybe they might look to lighten up on the amount of games they show over the next four years of the deal. Yes, I know the NBL has a contract but they're hardly in a position of strength.

Reply #305837 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

I know anon, and I could understand that comment if we were asking for 4 games a week or something. But we're talking about some occasional statistics here. It can't be that hard and would improve their telecast hugely.

Reply #305847 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the sooner homicide leaves the nbl the better.

i liked big marty's post.

gilder is shocking.
ive seen 16 year old with a better touch than him.

Reply #305852 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

At least Gilder's starting to look interested on D now. Unfortunately that means he now looks like a retarded preying mantis in that defensive stance. But at least he's trying.

Reply #305855 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

HOME TEAM
Corey Williams: -8
Tom Greer: -5
Matthew Burston: 0
Eric Devendorf: -9
Luke Nevill: 4
Cameron Tragardh: -18
Lucas Walker: -9
Daryl Corletto: -24
Wade Helliwell: -19
Benny Lewis: -2

ROAD TEAM
Ben Madgen: 2
Graeme Dann: 23
Julian Khazzouh: 13
Mark Dickel: 1
Patrick Sanders: 12
Trey Gilder: 18
Luke Martin: 14
Ben Knight: -4
Kevin White: 6
Jarrod Scoines: 5

Reply #308835 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:53 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754