themvpiskb24
Years ago

Zen Master's Final Season

He's reiterated it again...can he get his 4th repeat?
And knowing him, he might decide to come back out of retirement to coach again

Topic #24833 | Report this topic

Big Marty  
Years ago

Don't like the Lakers chances of the Triple again this season.

Lakers need to hope for an easy line to the Conf finals. Even the bottom feeder teams like Portland etc. could prove more of an effort this time round.

If the line works out right, I'm hoping for a Mavs v Thunder WCF this year.

That's stretching it a bit, but my preference.

Reply #305892 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

At the moment I can't see them beating the Spurs for the Western Conference title, but come playoff time its anyones game. As long as Kobe & Pau are healthy the Lakers are a championship contender.

Reply #305894 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dont worry about them.

Too much length for the spurs when bynum, gasol, odom are firing on all cylinders

Reply #305896 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Spurs can spread the floor with all their outside shooting talent

Reply #305924 | Report this post

themvpiskb24  
Years ago

Laker's might actually play defense in the playoffs, and shut down the Spur's presence with their perimenter defense and lengthy arms

Reply #305939 | Report this post

Gheorge Muresan  
Years ago

Why is there suddenly all this Laker hating going on?

They remain a very, very good basketball team and make me want to make a comeback.

Unfortunately, you guys are forgetting that they have some injury issues at the moment, but if they are full strngth by the playoffs, then look out.

Matt Barnes is a huge loss and his value to the team is only now being fully appreciated. Also remember that Steve Blake hasn't been at his best for much of the season and Andrew Bynum is still getting back into basketball shape.
They will definitely reach conference finals and I think they will be too good for the Spurs over 7 games.
Coach Jackson is the greatest of all time and to bow out with 12 championships - consisting of 4 three-peats with two different franchises will never be repeated again.

Reply #306491 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:20 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754