B-Easy
Years ago

NBA All-Stars Announced

NBA All-Stars were announced today

http://on.nba.com/f2m1Sk

No big shocks, although the "Yao effect" was once again in full force as he was voted a starter

/facepalm

WEST:
G: Chris Paul
G: Kobe Bryant
F: Carmelo Anthony (What happens if he's traded to the EAST before the game?)
F: Kevin Durant
C: Yao Ming (presumably Bynum or Nene will be chosen by Stern to replace him)

EAST:
G: Derrick Rose
G: Dywane Wade
F: LeBron James
F: Amar'e Stoudemire
C: Dwight Howard

My picks for reserves

WEST:
G: Russell Westbrook
G: Deron Williams
F: Blake Griffin
F: Dirk Nowitzki
C: Bynum or Nene (depending on who isnt chosen to start)
1: Kevin Love
2: Steve Nash/Monta Ellis

EAST:
G: Rajon Rondo
G: Raymond Felton
F: Paul Pierce
F: Josh Smith
C: Andrew Bogut
1: Chris Bosh
2: Al Horford

Topic #24836 | Report this topic

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

B-easy is back baby!

Reply #305925 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

B-Easy - no love for the Spurs with the best record in the L?

Reply #305927 | Report this post

curious  
Years ago

come on bogut!!!! question.....would that be the biggest acheivement by an australian basketball player in the history or australian basketball????

Reply #305937 | Report this post

tripple  
Years ago

If Bogut gets an all-star nod it would definatley be the greatest achievment ever by an Australian basketballer!!! It's better than winning 3 championships like longley did as he was only a mere role player on those bulls teams. Getting an all-star nod proves you are a star in the league!!
No other achievment can top this apart from winning a chapionship as a star player in a team. Something the Bucks are a long way off from doing!!!

Reply #305942 | Report this post

curious  
Years ago

maybe league MVP, or all nba first team could top that acheivement!!

Reply #305943 | Report this post

tripple  
Years ago

yeah those two would top that! But MVP is def out of the question for Bogut or any other Australian player as I don't think we will ever get a player good enough to do that. But all NBA first team would top an all star spot.

Reply #305946 | Report this post

BigD  
Years ago

West Starters:
Chris Paul
Kobe Bryant
Kevin Durant
Carmelo Anthony
Pau Gasol (he is the tipped replacement for Yao)
West likely bench:
Deron Williams
Russell Westbrook
Dirk Nowitzki
Blake Griffin
Tim Duncan
Manu Ginobili
LaMarcus Aldridge

East Starters:
Derrick Rose
Dwayne Wade
LeBron James
Amare Stoudemire
Dwight Howard
Like bench:
Rajon Rondo
Ray Allen
Paul Pierce
Chris Bosh
Al Horford
Kevin Garnett
Josh Smith

Reply #305954 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

Ginobli will be a lock.

Bynum or Nene? WTF??

BigD looks pretty close for the West, maybe Love over Aldridge.

In the East Allen may be the unlucky Celtic (for Joe Johnson or Granger). Josh Smith is no certainty either.

Reply #305983 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

And does Bosh derserve to make it?

Reply #305984 | Report this post

Fizzle  
Years ago

I think making an All Star game isnt that big a deal thesedays...Jamal magloire anyone...Bogut signing that $70mill plus contract on the other hand!
Id take being amrole player and 3 rings that MJ has aswell over an All Star nod...off the bench

Reply #305986 | Report this post

themvpiskb24  
Years ago

Yeah exactly what Fizzle said. Luc Longley was the starting center on the BEST EVER TEAM...you can't just say he was just some mere role player...when Luc went down in the 96 season when the Bull's were 72-10, they suffered the only back 2 back losses that season

Reply #305989 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

I put my picks in my new blog http://vanillathrice.wordpress.com. Check it out... Or not

Reply #305995 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

bogut is not an all star this year.

Reply #306009 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

"But MVP is def out of the question for Bogut or any other Australian player as I don't think we will ever get a player good enough to do that"

Tripple, bit like Canada and Germany would never produce a player good enough to win MVP huh? Oh wait...

Reply #306010 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

I hope Bogut makes it on as a reserve. Even though the way the All Star teams are chosen is a load of bollocks, it would still be a significant accolade for him.

Bogut's doing a great job defensively again, but he is struggling on offence, perhaps partly because of his elbow but also because most teams are doubling him every time he puts the ball on the floor this year and because the Bucks PGs/ wing men couldn't make a pass to a cutting big man to save their own lives right now.

Hopefully Jennings gets his sh!t together when he gets back and the Bucks can remind us how they played offence last season!

Better yet, wouldn't it be great if Bogut was on New Orleans? They would be one scary team this year!

Reply #306013 | Report this post

B-Easy  
Years ago

thedoctor, I threw this together just before work. Cant believe I missed on putting Manu in! I'd fit him in somewhere instead of Westbrook, Nash or Ellis.

Cant find a spot for Timmy D with Durant, Anthony, Nowitzki and K.Love locking down the forward slots.

However I did forget about the NBA's knack for naming players out of position so TD could fit in at the 5. The same with Gasol

Would make more sense than Nene or Bynum who strictly by position are having the best seasons.

I think Bogut has a slim chance of making it. I named him out of hope rather than expectation. The reserve 5 slot in the EAST comes down to him and Horford IMO.

Reply #306015 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i guess griffin wont be in the all star game

he has been named in the rookie game.

Reply #306658 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:32 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754