Mystro
Years ago

Taipans vs Breakers, Jan 30

Breakers take a road trip to Cairns to see if they can do what no other team has managed thus far this season, beat the Taipans on their home court.
Taipans got a win on the road in their last game and the Breakers are on their biggest winning streak of the season and are sitting top of the table with a nice buffer courtesy of the Sixers. Not the end of the world if the Breakers drop this game but will def make Cairns job tougher and sweep the season series between the 2 teams if they get the win.
I'm expecting this game to be much like their recent encounters, close for 3 quarters but the 4th is where the Breakers should again take control and get the W to take them to 14-3.

Breakers by 6

Topic #24842 | Report this topic

skull  
Years ago

i guess the big question is, how did loughton pull up after thursday night??
if he is fit cairns should be able to hold off nz in the 4th.
should be good clashes all over the court today but in particular the 1 and 5 spots.

if cairns can break even in those 2 clashes they will win.

Reply #306197 | Report this post

Brown  
Years ago

And they couldn't show this game on OneHD instead of GCB v Sydney. Wtf : ( .

Reply #306216 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Game should be quite good; but the travel time and weather might get to the Breakers team.

Cairns has been a fortress this year for the team, and I honestly think they can topple NZ in this one.

Taipans by 4.

Reply #306245 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

Is Chewy ok injury-wise? I haven't heard anything since friday.

NZ by 2pts for me.

Reply #306253 | Report this post

Outsider  
Years ago

cairns up by twenty at half time, i think that game is over already

Reply #306256 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

Pretty sure there hasnt been one cairns home game broadcast all season

Reply #306263 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

@outsider today you have learnt a valuable life lesson- never ever write off a great team!!

Reply #306264 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

Great job as the breakers come back from 20 down at the half to win 77-74!! Some nervous moments at the end as cj and kb misssing a few free throws that could really have sealed but a great result and first team to knock off cairns in their own gym all season!!

Reply #306265 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Amazing comeback, only to lose the lead again near the end, and then snatch it back again.
Golden opportunity squandered by the Taipans.

Reply #306267 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Breakers show they don't give up and snatch a victory. Am I allowed to celebrate or did the Taipans have an injured player lol?

Reply #306268 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ian Crosswhite got ejected just onto the 2nd half this really changed the game. We really got smashed on the boards in the 2nd half but we did have our chances to win it.

Reply #306271 | Report this post

cpark59  
Years ago

Worst game by the refs that I have seen in a while...and I was saying that at half time when we were up by 20 so it isn't because of bias.

Reply #306273 | Report this post

Outsider  
Years ago

wow i will happily eat my words on that one, damn i wish one had this game on TV

Reply #306274 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Yeah would have been nice to watch on tv but I was impressed by the Blaze Vs Kings game. Shame about Dickels calf injury, he looked good running the floor for Sydney.

Reply #306278 | Report this post

dud  
Years ago

What did Crosswhite do/say to get ejected? Seemed to turn the game

Reply #306280 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Got his first unsportsman like in a bit of push and shove that blew up . That was fair enough as he was not the only one to get one . The 2nd was a joke he reached in after he was stripped and NZ were on a fast break. There is no doubt it was a foul be to call it unsportsman like I just could not believe it. Even tho we were up it was always going to be tough against such a deep side .

Reply #306281 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

i was at the game today......i didnt even see crosswhite get ejected.....all of a sudden he just wasn't there!
it had a huge effect on the game, until then cairns had all bases covered.
if he was ejected, no one in the crowd even knew!

the refs seem to interfer in the game rather than ref it.
under calling......over calling...... they cant seem to get a balance.

it's not even glory seeking on their behalf....just dumb reffing!!

there was a lot of emotion in the game but most looked within the game.

cairns are very offended that nz stole their home court today.

Reply #306283 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They just said it was his 2nd unsportslike and he had to go. I agree with you regarding the refs some of it was hard to work out because it was not consistent . What was going on at the end NZ did not leave the court

Reply #306286 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

yeah i get it now,i was in the loo when the crosswhite thing went down.

after full time the assistant coach of nz apparently has a crack at fearne for something he had said earlier.

it got a bit heated......but thats the way it should be,the fans expect the players to defend the home court.......whatever it takes !

all in all it was a great game......crosswhite stays in the game....cairns wins.

Reply #306289 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

So does 2 unsportsmanlike fouls mean instant ejection? Since when?

If thats the case the refs really stuffed that one!

I agree with you anon the 2nd one was a reaching foul - nothing unsportsmanlike about it.

Send that ref back to the ABA! Disgraceful...

Reply #306297 | Report this post

cpark59  
Years ago

Was the 2nd unsportsmanlike foul that new break-away foul rule? Or something like that?

Whatever it was, it was silly.

Reply #306302 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was at the game and couldn't understand with 18 seconds left on the clock, why Loughton threw up a contested prayer like time was running out.

Then on the last play of the game with a three needed for a tie, he turned the ball over trying to get off the three.

Every other player on the court was in a better position and better option to shoot it than him.

Frustrating.

Reply #306371 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

HOME TEAM
Ayinde Ubaka: 0
Ron Dorsey: 7
Ian Crosswhite: 7
Daniel Dillon: 8
Dusty Rychart: -13
Lindsay Tait: -3
Alex Loughton: -7
Phill Jones: -5
Aaron Grabau: -9

ROAD TEAM
Kirk Penney: 6
Thomas Abercrombie: 7
Mika Vukona: 10
Paul Henare: 9
Gary Wilkinson: 11
Kevin Braswell: -6
Dillon Boucher: -1
Cj Bruton: -10
Alex Pledger: -11

Reply #308834 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:12 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754