Isaac
Years ago

Sixers MVP: Willie Farley

Willie Farley has been named as the Adelaide 36ERS 2004/05 Most Valuable Player.

Farley returned to his form of the 2001/02 championship year to post statistics of 23.6 PPG (second best in the NBL) and roughly 4 RPG and 4 APG.

Congratulations Willie -- entertaining as ever, and looked especially passionate in his play this year.

Also, congratulations to Dusty Rychart and Brett Maher who also had fantastic years -- Dusty in particular would've been in strong contention for the award.

Topic #2485 | Report this topic

yogee  
Years ago

(Mod: This post is not available.)

Reply #27821 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think that the number of reads vs the number of responses speaks volumes for the public opinion. Note no congratulations to Willie for this win so far from 50 odd reads!

My personal comiserations to Dusty on missing out.

Reply #27823 | Report this post

m  
Years ago

Was this their 12.30pm announcement?

Reply #27829 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Partly that can be put down to a lack of hype.

How hard would it have been to send out an e-newsletter in the week leading up to the event, discussing the three main contenders, and then do something interesting like turn the front page of the Sixers site into a poster-styled presentation of the MVP today instead of the league's most boring front page.

Last week, I literally forgot that the MVP dinner was even being held -- seriously. That should not be happening.

Reply #27831 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Yogee, Good luck getting a constructive reply back from Management that isn't filled with BS promises or lame ar$e excuses.

You have more chance of walking out onto the street and having a 747 crash land on your head....

Reply #27855 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

How did you know I live next to the airport?? :)

Reply #27861 | Report this post

Stephon  
Years ago

Well deserved MVP (would have said the same if it was either Maher or Rychart).

Farley and Rychart were the best import pair in the league this season.

He has to take a lot of the credit for our improved performance this season given he along with Cooper and Rees were the only additions to a squad that only just scraped into the play-offs that lost its MVP in Cat the season prior.

Congrats to Farley not only for his great season but for all the highlights he provided this season.

My fav Farley highlight from this season was when he posterised Melvin Thomas.

What was yours?

Reply #27862 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Certainly congrats are deserved to Willie, and well done to Dusty and Brett for coming close as well.

Reply #27865 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Dusty was stiff to miss MVP but Farley well deserved also.

Reply #27868 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I too thought Dusty was going to get it, but Farley was generally the man that made the big shots and switched on in the crucial moments. Sign him up again, because I think he's only going to become a more rounded player if he's happy and focused). Best moments were his dunk on Melvin, and also him torching the Brisbane guards in one of the last games before the finals.

Reply #27869 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Congrats Farley, he is the man!!!!
and well deserved!!!
Sign him up quick because surley he will get other offers!!

Reply #27882 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

My fav Farley moment...him getting a 3 point play on Simon Kerle then letting him know all about it!

Reply #27916 | Report this post

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

Well deserved Willie .. A very solid year .
I think Dusty was very unlucky ... and perhaps his 'quietly get it done' manner may have cost him votes.
I'd be interested to know how the marketing dept. of the SIXERS plans to explain its "NO INFORMATION" policy on this event !
I knew it was coming up soon .. but as usual they treat us like mushrooms .. in the dark !!

Reply #27917 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Unless I'm mistaken, there's nothing about Willie getting the MVP award in today's edition of The Advertiser.

Reply #27919 | Report this post

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

If you are out there Yogee ..
When is your next meeting with 6er's management ?

The Advertiser probably did not even know it was on !

Reply #27923 | Report this post

manager  
Years ago

Dusty is a no nonsence, no hype team player. When did one of those ever win a MVP
Well done Willie, but come on.
Dusty for president!!!!

Reply #27925 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Yogee, I know everything..... it's my job.

Reply #27941 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:50 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754