Wolf
Years ago

Hire & Pearman to lead Wolfpack (WA SBL)

http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?client=1-5011-0-0-0&sID=78732&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=14697387§ionID=78732

The Men's Wolfpack team has announced their leadership group for the 2011 season.

Coach Ettridge called for those wanting to lead the Wolfpack to do a presentation to the squad. After the squad voted on the candidates it was all tied up with Greg Hire & Tony Pearman announced as Co Captains with Matt Schmechtig as Vice Captain.

See what the group had to say below:

Ettridge "Very pleased with the teams selection of our leadership group, In a process that involves total honesty and being outside of your comfort zone, the team decided on the men who would lead the team for season"

Pearman “It was an honour to be appointed Captain of the Wanneroo Wolves Mens Basketball team. This year we have a very dedicated and talented squad and I can't wait to lead the boys to the success they all deserve”.

Ettridge “Tony Pearman is the heart and soul of the Wolfpack. He is our most fierce competitor and leads by example in every aspect of his preparation”

Hire “It's a huge honour to be captain especially of a club with rich tradition and hopefully we will be able to lead a club starving of success.

"Over the last year and-a-half it has been something I have really been aspiring to do, over the last year and-a-half I have been through a lot and just by being around the group as a senior player has helped me realise that I now really want to be a leader and that I'm ready for it. It just feels that I'm at the point in my career where it is the right thing for me to take on. I'm ready for the challenge of being captain and I'm very proud of the honour. I feel extremely honoured to be sharing my captaincy with a club stalwart Tony Pearman. This is my sixth year and Tony has been around for ten, so we know what to expect and we will help the team out together as much as we can. Tony has been a leader on this team for a number of years now and he's someone that all the players look up to and respect just with the way he goes about it. It will be nice to have someone backing you up and that you can turn to at any time, so I'm happy to have another captain on board and feel privileged to named alongside him."

"We have an extremely young team and they will look to us for leadership and help and that's what we will look to provide; the boys have been working extremely hard for the past few months. We can't wait for the start of the season but we still have a long way to go; one thing Tony and I will make sure of is that we will be bringing it every night and we will be extremely competitive and very exciting to watch”.

Ettridge “Greg Hire has come a long way from the gangly 13 year old I took the National Schools Tournament in Ballarat as a 13 year old. He is a true leader of men”

With the D-League team, Lewis Longthorne will Captain the team with Jordan Perret as Vice Captain.

Ettridge “Lewis Longthorn is an amazing athlete. He has set the standard in his physical preparation for this season. He possesses some great qualities of a leader, and we will work with him on becoming better in all areas. Jordan Perret gained the respect of the group very early in preseason. Coming from a very successful season under Coach Trevor Pugh in the Wolves Under 20 championship team, we know he has had great leadership around him, and he has already displayed many of these qualities”.

Follow the Wolfpack on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Official-Wolfpack-Basketball/121987494483033

Topic #24857 | Report this topic

hanging round  
Years ago

This is great for the club, but am I the only one who finds it a bit irrelevant way over here in SA?

Reply #306380 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Happy to get a bit of non-SA news going. Easy to ignore if you're not interested.

Reply #306385 | Report this post

Wolf  
Years ago

Thanks Isaac, i was going to say that @hanging round might find it strange but people other than SA people might read this forum :)

Just trying to make people aware of the Wolves.
Import announcement coming soon, going to be a good year for the Wolfpack.

Reply #306391 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I'm not from SA and look in here because the forum claims to cover: Australian basketball forum: NBL, WNBL, NBA, WNBA, ABL, SEABL, QABL, Juniors & more.

Reply #306400 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

All Australian basketball is welcome.

Reply #306405 | Report this post

wasportsfan1  
Years ago

hey im glad for this info... there are WA people on these forums!

Reply #306419 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Sounds to me like Darth Forman is trying to expand his empire. Of course, WA is welcome .....

Reply #306437 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:32 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754