Isaac
Years ago

Cats-Taipans game postponed

From TheWest.com.au:

Perth Wildcats can rest a little easier this week with the NBL to postpone their match with the Taipans in Cairns because of the cyclone set to batter North Queensland.

Cyclone Yasi is expected to cause damage when the category three system crosses the coast later this week.

Perth were due to play Cairns on Friday but the league has decided to hold over the match. It is now expected to be played following what was supposed to be the Wildcats' final home-and-away match of the season - against Townsville on March 19.

The Cats have a two-week break between the Crocodiles' battle and the start of the play-offs.
Final play-off placings could come down to this now very last game.

Topic #24865 | Report this topic

The Situation  
Years ago

Cats got lucky with this, but such ridiculous scheduling should not happen to any team ever.

Reply #306512 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I reckon - scheduling a game when a cyclone is set to hit is just plain stupid!

Reply #306516 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Um, I meant scheduling a cyclone when a game is on...

Reply #306519 | Report this post

lol56  
Years ago

If there was any doubt before those 3 posts about The Situation there is no doubting it now

Reply #306528 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Doubt about what?

Reply #306530 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

If my first comment was unclear, I was talking about the Cats having to host the Blaze on Sunday afternoon. By having the game postponed, its pretty lucky for them to avoid a road game less than 48 hours before a home game. I don't think any team should have that sort of scheduling, I think it takes away the home court advantage.

I assume the guy was making a joke about scheduling the game during a cyclone so I continued that joke. Hopefully that clears up any "doubt".

Reply #306543 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

ok, what does this do to Dreamteam?

Reply #306547 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

The Situation, when do you think it is a good time to schedule a cyclone?

Reply #306573 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

The rescheduling is strange. They play a second game each now in Round 23 but neither team plays in Round 24, and Perth don't play in either Round 24 or Round 25. Surely would be better to play the game in Round 24???? Instead, Perth sit idle for the last two weeks of the minor round. Folks, THAT is your real story.

As for Dreamteam ..... damn it, had built my team around Cairns and Perth. Bugger bugger bugger.

Reply #306575 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

EC, I didn't think that far ahead.

Moses, they haven't said the match will be played in round 23. Theyre more or less confirming they have two weeks to fit that match in.

Reply #306579 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Situation, given the Cats' game is in Townsville that weekend, it's a safe bet to say it'll be played that weekend. If anyone can explain to me why Perth have two weeks off, I'm listening. And it won't necessarily advantage them either.

Reply #306589 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

But Cairns play in Wollongong on the Saturday in round 23. I don't think they'd be too thrilled to have to play two games in 24 hours, and have to travel to get to the second at home. Considering they'd be saving on travel this week, the expense for Perth to travel in round 24 is just the same.

I also think it's a disadvantage to have close to 3 weeks off before the finals.

Reply #306594 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Game re-scheduled to Round 24.

Reply #306649 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:18 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754