JOaRiDrAN
Years ago

Record HD one in standard definition

Hey guys it's been doing my head in that the NBA is on HD one and I can't record it during the day and watch it when I get home from work....until now.

I've got a sony HD recorder that is pretty old and only records in standard def. Just go to Dick smiths, pay $60 for a set top box and plug it in to your recorder.
Hit the input button till HD one comes up and record away. For those of you who are shaking your heads cause i'm way behind the times i'm sorry but with 50 to 60 hr work weeks and a 12 month old I dont have too much free time to suss this out.
Hope I help some of you out.

Topic #24878 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think you can record HD TV to a DVD disc though. My brother has an HD TV and anytime he's tried to record to disc (distinct from a hard drive) it wouldn't work. I've heard HD TV is too strong for dvd's and you need a Blu-Ray recorder for that.

I have an analogue TV with a HD STB so as the signal that comes out of it is only SD quality I was able to record to dvd until my dvd recorder shit itself.

Reply #306732 | Report this post

themvpiskb24  
Years ago

Nah you cant record HD qualtiy to a disc (or very much of it) you need bulray discs for that...its the same setup that we have here at home

Reply #306735 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:33 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754