BALLER#3
Years ago

Dirk 4 MVP!

I think its quite obvious that Dirk Deserves the MVP this season.

If you look at Dallas who dominated with him and then when he got injured they won only 2 in 9 with out him. They were 17 of 18 before he got injured and now that he has returned they are on another 6 win streak, and with a win against Boston possibly a 7 win streak.

MVP = Most Valuable Player, it is clear that Dirk is more valuable to the mavs then any other player to any other team, beside Derrick Rose is to Chicago and Stoudemire is to New York.

I wont be unhappy if Stoudemire or Rose Win it but i think Dirk Deserves it!

Topic #24899 | Report this topic

KingJames  
Years ago

I think you are dreaming

Reply #307122 | Report this post

tropical booz  
Years ago

Check out the W/L records of the Cavs & Heat after one player jumps ship - that's an MVP!!

Reply #307134 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Except they lost more than 1 player.

Also lost Shaq, Ilgauskas and West.

PLus have had injuries.

Reply #307140 | Report this post

tropical booz  
Years ago

Dirk has a great game today however to lead the Mavs over boston @ the Garden.
Another worthy player is KD - take him outta Oklahoma & they are 50/50 at best. He's a star!!

Reply #307141 | Report this post

TP  
Years ago

At this point in the season, I think Derrick Rose gets the nod for MVP. He has been solid all season and carried the team through the losses of some key players in Noah and Boozer, plus his team is continuing their way up the ladder.

Reply #307145 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Even though he was drafted so highly, how many would have picked Rose to win (if he does do so) MVP this early in his career? Especially with so many other big name players out there?

Reply #307154 | Report this post

TP  
Years ago

Not too many would be my guess. Considering he seems to have worked on and improved his game each season, I think he's a more than worthy candidate.

Reply #307176 | Report this post

celtic green  
Years ago

Still think Lebron is the MVP. Guy is putting up insane numbers on a top squad. I hated how he went to Miami but it showed how much better then Wade he is too. Wade is def the side kick.
Rose, still not great D. Dirk will never win it again after he crashed and burned in the first round in 07 unless his numbers are insane, like 30 & 15 insane. Rose seems to have the media momentum at the moment though

Reply #307194 | Report this post

Rettard  
Years ago

Lebron and Rose have basically identical w/l records but Lebron has way more help and the Bulls have also been hammered by injuries. D. Rose is clearly MVP right now.

Reply #307197 | Report this post

3-pointer  
Years ago

If Lakers can have a good second half of the season and finish with the best record in the west I think Kobe should be MVP to make up for all the seasons he shouldve won the award. (ie. when nash won back to backs)

Reply #307211 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dirk will win, if it comes down to 50/50 and one guy is white, the white guy gets the nod.

Reply #307286 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Isaac, found this info re Rose's 3 years:

Most people did not believe that the 19-year-old had what it took to lead the Chicago Bulls back into the top tier of the league.

Rose went on to win the 2008-09 NBA Rookie of the Year Award.

In his playoff debut, on the road against the defending champion Boston Celtics, Rose tied Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's record for most points in a playoff debut with 36 (adding 11 assists).

In Rose’s second season, he became the first Chicago Bull to make the All-Star team since Michael Jordan.

And now, in merely his third season, the 22-year-old phenom point guard has been voted by the fans as a starter for the Eastern Conference in the All-Star game.

Maybe MVP is next?

Reply #307291 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

"Dirk will win, if it comes down to 50/50 and one guy is white, the white guy gets the nod"

Where did you pull this sh*t from????

Reply #307296 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Got to love anons TR....

Reply #307299 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Dirk for MVP is as unlikely as Bobby Brown giving up Crack.

Stoudamire and Rose are the clear favourites for MVP and are the only one's who seem to be worth it at present.

Lebron moving to Miami to win a title isn't exactly MVP worthy. He can rake in stats all he wants, but he isn't single handedly winning it for Miami.

Only other person in the pack who seems worthy of getting recognition is Kevin Durant.

Reply #307386 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

LeBron has moved to favouritism in ESPN's MVP Watch:

The 51-11-8 game against the Magic. League leader in PER. The Heat are 28-4 in his past 32 games. And with every Cavs loss, we are reminded of how special he is.

Reply #307500 | Report this post

TP  
Years ago

Can someone pull out Dan Gilbert's angry letter again? Just for a laugh.

Reply #307505 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:07 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754