A.W
Years ago

Hawks @ Tigers.

A new look Tigers up against Wollongong.

Sav set to return to the Hawks line up.

I'm looking for Yusuf Qaafow to make an impact, big chance to be signed to the 10 for next season.

Should be a close game, Homicide to come up big against an injured Ervin, Tigers by 3.

Topic #24903 | Report this topic

Fizzle  
Years ago

Hawks by 15+, Melbourne are stuffed and dont see Dmac being all that inspirtaional as a coach

Reply #307218 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

'The end is here.' Might be The Doors song.

Reply #307220 | Report this post

BigD  
Years ago

Yusuf Qaafow is a turnover machine, and that's the impact he'll have if he hits the court

Reply #307221 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agreed, Yusuf led the big v in turnovers. Should be interesting. Wollongong look like they don't want to be there though. No confidence or energy

Reply #307222 | Report this post

Fizzle  
Years ago

Wow Tigers on fire, but geez they have some ugly facial expressions and celebrations considering how pathetic the 6-12 record shows. Poor Gaze, he's mentioned Al Westover as the current coach twice already, cringe worthy commentary!

Reply #307223 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Lindsey Gaze just had a quick interview, showed alot of restraint on his opinions of what a shambles Seamus is. Commented on the loyalty the Tigers have always shown to people and how that has now being changed by this decision..Interestingly enough only 3 coaches since 1970 when Lindsey first started.

Wollongong are just holding on in this game..commentators talking up the Tigers game, which considering its only a 10 point lead seems a bit premature.
D-Mac looks a bit unsure as a coach, hopefully he can gain some confidence for himself. Always hard to take over from someone you respect.

Reply #307224 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

It's a shame we let Burston go.

Reply #307225 | Report this post

Fizzle  
Years ago

Side note, do the Hawks look better when Rhys Martin isnt in the team? He looks very unsure, reminds me of Jason Williams, you cringe every time he has the ball. Next season Hawks will need to upgrade backup PG

Reply #307226 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Seamus looks so small and fat next to gaze LOL.

Reply #307228 | Report this post

Fizzle  
Years ago

Not a shame at all, i didnt rate Burston, he has glass ankles. Its embarassing how gross and fat that owner is, he is a weird lookin little thing!

Reply #307229 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Sounds like they'll advertise world-wide for a coach

(Burston 3 or 4 injuries here last season, probably the reason. Hardworker, hungry for rebounds)

Reply #307230 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shameless mcweak was truly gross to look at. Why can't he just say he fired Westover when it was obvious he did? Why would any NBL coach resign?
I agree with comment about Rhys Martin. Have they won since he came back into the line-up? I like him as a player but I think they're better without him. They've been terrible tonight, handing the tigers he game

Reply #307231 | Report this post

Fizzle  
Years ago

I really thought with Saville back and how well they played in NZ, the Hawks would spank em tonight, but wow they have had no intensity to there game....its like watching the 6ers on the road!

Reply #307233 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Westover did in fact resign. He was supposedly offered a 9-5 job within the organisation (obviously sitting at a plastic table in the store room twas done so he would walk and not hang around for the next two and half years of his contract).

Minimises the payout somewhat too I suspect.

Reply #307234 | Report this post

JC  
Years ago

I honestly don't know what was more painful to watch.....
1. Tyson demos shooting
2. The quality of the play by play commentary
3. The half time interview that made no sense at all and left all three participants with even less credibility than before it started
4. Qaafows ball handling
5. The tigers setting a world record in pointless and shameful hand gestures

The highlight for me was the new iinet ad, it was mildly amusing

Reply #307238 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Fizzle, glass ankles that has played every game this season?

Yusuf Qaafow is useless, can barely get the ball over half court.

Hawks look really good and Tigers at home now are great. They look much more balanced without Nevil and a better coach.

Reply #307239 | Report this post

kcgone  
Years ago

Who is the YAP for the Hawks?

Reply #307240 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kingjames, hawks look really good? Don't comment on a game that you didn't watch. They were horrible

Reply #307242 | Report this post

Fizzle  
Years ago

Burston hasnt missed a game because he isnt expected to play the minutes he was paid to play in Adelaide. Just another undersized big man that has made a career off of superior pg's ala Ricky Grace. Crosswhite has ended up carving out a better career yet everyone has talked Burston up more so over the time they have played.

Reply #307243 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

lol sorry Anonymous I meant "really bad"

Reply #307245 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

ummmm no Burston played 21 minutes per game for Adelaide and 21 minutes per game for Tigers.

People have talked up Burston's career over crosswhite because its a better career! He is statistically better over his career. This year Crosswhite has had a better year but has also had 7 more minutes per game and doesn't have Nevil on his team or any other center for that matter.

Reply #307247 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

JC good points! Hawks yap is jackson

Reply #307248 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Hawks made Tigers look good with crap shooting compared to their game against the Breakers where they were hitting almost everything in the first 3 quarters.

Reply #307257 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Lucas Walker would def be a dunk comp consideration.

Reply #307258 | Report this post

hooked  
Years ago

Luke "sky" walker!

Reply #307285 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:35 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754