themvpiskb24
Years ago

Cav's set record consecutive losses (25)

...Well, Dan Gilbert is going to be eating his words

Topic #24916 | Report this topic

Bobby tables  
Years ago

Its beyond a joke now really. I could stick the boot in like I have before, but 25 straight is not much less than an entire nbl season. It's hard to retain fan interest with a losing team. Lets hope the cleveland fans get behind them like the sydney kings fans did recently, rather than abandon them.

Reply #307438 | Report this post

tropical booz  
Years ago

Is the coach safe? Do what the Tigers did for instant results!

Reply #307446 | Report this post

BigD  
Years ago

their coach is safe

Reply #307454 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't blame the coach. It's a washed up Jamison, Sessions, and then the rest are D-leaguers. Red Auerebach couldnt win with this roster

Reply #307457 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

They did beat the Celtics this year.

Reply #307459 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

I'd love to read the GM post at the end of the season and see what the reasons are.

They put far too much on the hopes of Lebron staying instead of focusing on team building. They would have been alright back in 03-04 if they had managed to hold on to Boozer.

You'll find the team will take years to recover, expect them to have a Wooden Spoon collection soon.

Reply #307461 | Report this post

curious  
Years ago

i dont understand?? this team has been dominant the last 2 seasons!! what has changed???

Reply #307469 | Report this post

shin splints  
Years ago

i dont understand?? this team has been dominant the last 2 seasons!! what has changed???

Seems they changed from Orange Gatorade to Lemon Gatorade.

Reply #307499 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It's because of all the injuries.
Powe's torn his meniscus, Varejao tore a tendon in his foot, Williams strained his hip flexor and LeBron broke his promise to keep working until he won a championship in Cleveland.

Reply #307502 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And Illgauskas left and so did Delonte West

Reply #307507 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Everyone abandoned a sinking ship!

Reply #307511 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Isaac, the NBA is a business; and when your talent is getting paid millions to play, it's all about business for them.

The talks of "staying with 1 city" and "we'll win a title here" are empty words nowadays. That mindset amongst players has all but died out amongst modern players. Only your Post 00's players would really think like that.

Reply #307513 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Marty, (1) it was a joke, (2) I hate sports rhetoric more than most, but there are countless alternatives to "not giving up until we win" or whatever he said.

Reply #307516 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

It's all well and good to say "we'll work to a title in ". But I maintain that Lebron's departure merely made the problems of that organisation under the spotlight.

They had multiple 60-win seasons, yet each season they were bundled out in the playoffs by talented, but less 'fancied' teams.

60 wins proves nothing. To put it bluntly, how many of those wins were 'stomping noobs' AKA beating sub-500 teams? during a season, there are things that aren't as evident; matchup problems, coaching errors, bad substitutions, poor defenders, lack of bench players etc.

In the playoffs though, you play the same team every night. Matchup and defensive problems become apparent and your opponent WILL exploit them. That's what they're there to do. You need 8 or 9 guys you can rely on; not someone who will put up an amazing stat line and a bunch of journeymen, or an aged superstar (Shaq) or a big fish in a small pond (Jamison).

IMHO, the Cavs organisation was blinded by the Lebron show. They saw him as a superhero who was going to win them a title. But one player does not a team make. Teams win titles, players don't. You need to surround your great players with good players; even greats such as Stockton, Malone, Barkley never won a title.

Could LBJ have been more vocal about needing support? perhaps. But I'd be more critical of coaching staff and the GM who were blinded by having a superstar and league MVP on their team which distracted them from putting a winning team together.

Reply #307517 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

That was meant to be "we'll work to a title in (insert city here)" but I used angle brackets which get stripped out by this forum. Guess you guys don't support HTML :P

Reply #307518 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It supports HTML, but that was your problem. What you wrote wasn't HTML! ;)

Reply #307519 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

well, yeah :P

Reply #307522 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Down 16 at home today to the Pistons, a game they entered as favourites. Not even half time.

Worst ever NBA season record is 9-73.

Worst by the Cavs is 15-67, twice.

Reply #307560 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:42 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754