dubious
Years ago

Rhys Martin's return to Hawks ?!

Statman is this true, that since Martin returned to the roster the HAWKS havent got a win?? ...

Strange coincidence or what? hmmm. thinking not
Im sure that every other coach in the universe would return to 'Winning' rotation and consider benching Martin more as opposed to making him on the first subs.
Another noted point is Ervin hasnt played to his best since Martins return and we've seen the demise of his stats since then too.

If it aint broke (ie: team winning) dont fix it (inject Martin)

Topic #24925 | Report this topic

Statman  
Years ago

Not sure why your asking me :)

Personally I hope that Martin plays increasing minutes for the rest of the season seeing as he is in my fantasy roster!

Reply #307554 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

dubious thought you were the same Statman that helps out with NBL stuff, backs up Carfino with facts, etc.

Reply #307558 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Pfft - he must be an imposter!

Reply #307559 | Report this post

Bathurst Winner  
Years ago

Hey Statman, what's the deal with the John Goss Special in you Avatar?

Reply #307564 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Good spotting Bathurst winner!

Its my toy :)

Reply #307565 | Report this post

Bathurst Winner  
Years ago

OK, didn't know if you were a rellie of John's, or just a fan

Reply #307566 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He didn't help when he deliberately fouled when the score was tied with 10 seconds to go in one game, followed up by him shooting an AWFUL shot to win the game when Gary Ervin was open and wanting the ball...

Reply #307567 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Nup not a rellie - Had the car for years.....sits in the shed and gets out on sunny days for a bit of fun. Still goes pretty nicely :)

As for the deliberate foul and crap shot call, the foul was called for my Gordie so hard to have a go at him on that one. Yes he took a pretty tough shot but there was a pretty good argument that he was fouled by Wortho on the shot too.

Reply #307569 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Statman has groupies....

Reply #307570 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rhys is like a cancer to the hawks this year!
Dubious your on da money!

Reply #307577 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Glen Saville's injury headlining a whole heap of injuries. That's what has brought the Hawks down, nothing to do with Rhys Martin.

Reply #307583 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the hawks were woeful last sunday against melbourne

Reply #307600 | Report this post

vesta 51  
Years ago

first off R Martin was sent in by Gordie McCleod to make that foul on his first game, he was sacrificial lamb. Martin has been instrumental for the Hawks, but what can he do with an injured roster? hes even racking up boards and hes a guard. and have you noticed he isnt starting so the BS that the loose streak is on him is nuts! and how can rhys effect gary ervins playing? thats like blaming coenraad for their losing streak cause they didnt win a game with him starting, but that would be just as dumb. its a TEAM sport! the boys have been RACKED with injuried since Martins return. Forman - bruised lung, Davidson - ankle/knee injuries, Saville - knee issues, Ervin - broken finger, Campbell - groin. BUT ITS RHYS MARTINS FAULT? thats the dumbest thing ive heard in a long time...

Reply #308678 | Report this post

Titan 87  
Years ago

DUBIOUS strange coincidence? if all the players were well and then upon rhys' return he was playing 40 min and they were losing you'd have a point. but not with everything thats happened. i mean they even had to suit up their assistant coach. or was that Martins fault too? come on man, do a bit of research so when you talk sh8t you dont look so uninformed

Reply #308680 | Report this post

Will  
Years ago

Martins Over rated!!!
Players on his team dont like him either.
He is into himself and lazy.

Reply #308975 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:46 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754