abc123
Years ago

AIS scholarships

Can anyone explain to me why it is that the AIS currently only has 6 male athletes on scholarships there?? And correct me if im wrong, but I believe that none of those 6 went to Germany with the U17s last year??

Topic #24940 | Report this topic

abc123  
Years ago

Also, I think there are only 2 remaining athletes at the AIS in the mens program from last year. Can anyone explain to me where all the athletes currently are?? I understand majority of them will be going to college but where are they between now and going to college later in the year??

Reply #307744 | Report this post

CA4  
Years ago

If the top Aussie players under 22 were to play for an AIS team in the nbl would that be better for their development than going to college in the US?

Reply #307754 | Report this post

BigD  
Years ago

College would still be better due to the coaches over in the US

Reply #307760 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2011 AIS
Men's Scholarship Holders

Jackson Aldridge, MIrko Djeric, Anthony Drmic, Dante Exum, Hugh Greenwood, Igor Hadziomerovic, Darcy Harding, Riccardo Howard, Jackson Hussey, Mitchell Norton, Owen Odigie, Lewis Thomas, Cade Towers, Lachlan Winter, Corban Wroe

2011 AIS
Women's Scholarship Holders

Rebecca Allen, Sara Blicavs, Alex Bunton, Rebecca Cole, Mikhaela Donnelly, Darcee Garbin, Madeleine Garrick, Tessa Lavey, Carley Mijovic, Tenaya Phillips, Tayal Roberts, Casey Samuels, Olivia Thompson

Reply #307766 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

i know Mitch Norton went to Germany...

Reply #307771 | Report this post

abc123  
Years ago

that list of male AIS scholarship holders is completely different to what is currently on the AIS website.

Has Norton gone to Germany to play in a pro team there?

Reply #307772 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norton played with the 17s in Germany.

Majority of scholarship holders that are in the Under 19 Emus are at home on break and recommence after Under 20 nationals. After their Under 19 Worlds in Latvia mid-year they will go their separate ways, the majority to College.

Then a new batch will obviously come in and they'll start again.

Reply #307776 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why dont you ring them and ask them

Reply #307823 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:26 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754