Your mumma
Years ago

Majok to Blaze, to play vs 36ers

Just confirmed he will play v 36ers

Topic #24944 | Report this topic

The Situation  
Years ago

"perth held up Majok's release as a bit of payback. Blaze wanted to sign Majok but couldn't"

Explain the payback comment.

Reply #307787 | Report this post

Bucks  
Years ago

Hopefully he gets more minutes on the gold coast he was a pretty impressive role player.

Reply #307791 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I hope he gets a decent crack - he culd be a very good player i the NBL given a long term shot.

Reply #307831 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

where did that payback coment come from?

perth tried as hard as they could to prevent majok playing for another team.they had him booked on a place back to the US today.

the cats took majok to wollongong even though they knew he wasnt allowed to play.

they also knew he wasnt going to play against the kings, yet made him travel to sydney as well.

they finally released him when he was in wollongong and told him to find his own way out of there.

Reply #307836 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

What a load of shit. Why would they book a flight to the US without his knowledge or consent? You think they could force him to leave the country when he is an Australian citizen just so he doesn't re-sign elsewhere?

And made him travel to Sydney...where his family lives and he was happy to see. Sure thing.

Reply #307845 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the situtation
the flight was booked back in december when majok first signed.it was booked for today for a reason.

if majok was to leave at any other time - it wouldve come out of his own pocket.so its not forcing him to leave but its either leave today or pay 4k or whatever it is for a ticket back to the US out of your own pocket. i dont think too many players would be declining a free flight & forking out a few grand.

if the cats had his best interests at heart - they wouldve released him last monday when they knew wagstaff was going to play friday night & given majok a chance to seek and find another team without such a tight deadline.instead they made him sit on the bench in sydney and travel to wollongong only to release him and tell him to find his own way back to perth.

he can see his family in sydney without being a member of the perth wildcats too you know.

didnt it look a bit strange to you seeing a fully fit majok sitting on the bench in street clothes on friday night?

Reply #307848 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

If the flight was booked in December, what is it payback for then? When Majok signed, did he ask for the flight, or was there some sort of condition that he was to only be provided with a flight to the US?

What is the reason the flight was booked for today? Wasn't it Majok who was saying he only wanted a 6 week stint as well because he was seeking a Euro contract?

As I said before, considering Wagstaff had to face a fitness test on the morning of the game, the Cats were totally within their rights to take Majok to Sydney as insurance. It would be foolish to release Majok on the Monday and then not have Wagstaff play either.

Reply #307849 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i dont know anything about payback.i was wondering where that came from myself.

majok was an injury replacement for wagstaff who was expected to be out 6 weeks.thats the only reason he was signed for 6 weeks.
even though majok knew early last week he wasnt going to play on friday night, taking him to sydney as insurance is fine.once wagstaff was ruled fit & played - they shouldve let majok go then & there tho, not make him sit on the bench like an idiot.

once wagstaff stepped onto the court - there was no way majok couldve played on saturday against the hawks (even to cover knight), so why bother taking him to wollongong?why not just release him in sydney?

the reason is because perth wanted him as long as they could & didnt want him to sign with another nbl team.teams cant sign players once they have played 75% of their schedule. for most teams, that means they cant sign anyone after this round.if perth had their way, it woudlve been impossible for any other team to sign majok.

perth tried to manage it so majok was with them all the way up until he was due to leave the country, saying he was still under contract.once wagstaff played tho, keeping majok was against league rules so they had to release him yesterday.

the worst part is becuase perth didnt get their way, they released majok after he got on the bus & while he was in the middle of wollongong,they cancelled his flight back to perth & told him to find & pay his own way back to WA.pathetic treatment really.

then after all that they say they wish him the best of luck.yeh right

Reply #307850 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

For once I have to agree with the situation. Perth are a pretty professional outfit of the court. From what I heard his 6 wk contract was up friday. I

I also assumed he travelled with the team as insurance for Wagstaff and Knight. Perth are not just going to tell a player to find your own way back as written above IMO.

Reply #307852 | Report this post

Your mumma  
Years ago

If majok had not been a tool during his tenure no way the cats would have treated him like that.

Reply #307853 | Report this post

dud  
Years ago

Maybe it is just easier to fly from Sydney to the USA, instead of Perth to USA. Seems logical to fly that way to me.

Good for the league that he has an opportunity with the Blaze though.

Reply #307857 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Maybe the Cats could have released him the Friday morning after the fitness test but I still don't see a problem with them holding on to him until game time. And seeing him sitting on the Perth bench is no problem either. If he wasn't sitting there as part of the team, others may say they discarded him as soon as he wasn't needed.

In any case, the release and new contract approval came about pretty damn quick for the NBL, especially considering it was a weekend. And I'm sorry but he signed a short term contract, he was interested in Europe offers when he signed. If the final day of the contract happens to coincide with the round which teams must have their rosters finalised by, thats just unlucky.

Reply #307861 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:42 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754