anon
Years ago

District V Sixers

well got to congratulate the programmers on the next 3 friday night sixer games clashing with district. They must have know season was going to be finishing on a downer.How can basketball in this state program direct clash - i know sixers arent actually inviting to watch at the moment but hell there be nobody at the games as interest is going off like a goulding three.
sixers need as much support next few weeks and sadly those we are the core grass roots ball lovers are denied opportunity.

Topic #24956 | Report this topic

Libertine  
Years ago

Fringe opening + A League semi final this Friday night too.

Reply #307992 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

They need to make the Dome not available on District nights. Its obvious that common sense is thrown out the window when it comes to rostering of games. They get all the available spots and start forcing the program into the availability. We for some unknown reason are too flexible in giving the NBL free reign on our venue.

Reply #307999 | Report this post

Years ago

from memory the variable is around 500 odd looking at attendances on junior nights vrs non junior nights.

But I have only looked at a few dates.

the nbl have to schedule games, bsa have to schedule, TV, travelling teams requirements etc - in the ideal world we have time for both.

Reply #308002 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

The Dome is the only NBL venue that is not an Entertainment Centre. As a result, it serves as the ideal venue to programme Friday night games for FTO TV.
We cannot, not schedule games for Friday nights as this affects the FTO contract. What this does however is clash with district games.

Unfortunately, it appears as though BSA's reluctance to re-schedule these games on a weekend revolves around the extra cost associated with this. (presumably as they have long term bookings at some stadiums that they recover through rental fees to some clubs)

What do they do interstate?

Reply #308013 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I believe there was a season ticket without Friday games made available to district playing families. From memory, the club notified district clubs of its availability.

Reply #308016 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

point is that last 3 games of the season are no goers for a significant interest group

Reply #308024 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

we are also one of the NBL clubs with a higher percentage of Friday home games

Reply #308057 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Im pissed, new job I dont finish until 8:30pm on fridays..bad bad scheduling to the NBL

Reply #308065 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Skud so the NBL should take into account your new job?

At least come up with a decent arguement.

Other states play against junior basketball and always have.

suck it up.

Reply #308120 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

I think that may have been Skud's point.

Reply #308220 | Report this post

Outcome21  
Years ago

Im a high level referee, i have to referee juniors on a friday night, i have also bought Season tickets this season. It is not fair, 7-14 games are on a Friday Night! therefore, im only getting half of what i paid. This is bad sceduling from the NBL. Ofcourse everyone will choose to play on a Friday night, because it will save a team(s) from getting a forfeit fine.

Reply #308356 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:22 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754