BALLER#3
Years ago

Country Junior Players

Are there many juniors out there in country areas with skill and potential that have never thought of going to district or are unable to?
Would it be worth state selectors to watch Country Champs even in lower divs to maybe find a hidden talent?
I have seen a few players who even in div 3 country champs have had alot of skill and dont play district. The only reason they are playing div 3 country champs is because there association might be weaker.

Topic #24960 | Report this topic

Big Ads  
Years ago

Most talent juniors are usually identified through the Development Network Squad Program (DNSP).

http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-4538-0-0-0&sID=72205

Reply #308119 | Report this post

Years ago

any good club recruiter would go to junior country champs and hand out their business card.
state selectors know who are the front runners for sa metro / sa country teams before.

Reply #308131 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They are definitely identified through DNSP. Distance to travel puts off some country families to lay district especially in the SE like mt gambier or milicent

Reply #308144 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All clubs chase country players to various degrees. Once they make state the offers flow. One club offered my son a free uniform and $20 fees as well as petrol money. They were the first to be knocked back because I didn't think it was fair on the local kids to subsidise country kids.

Reply #308150 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forestville desex other club's reps they find poaching country talent

Reply #308164 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:22 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754