SKYHOOK
Years ago

Worst import 36 er's History...

With the current abundance of 'import talent' in Adelaide (assuming they both re-sign), lets look back at some poor decisions:

As far as disappointment 'factor' goes ... im running with Jo Jo English .... !!
He was prety average even at 14 pts/ game i think he just came to collect his chq each week !

Being a long time Bulls fan i wanted him to be the best thing to ever happen to Adelaide ... he wasn't !

Any thoughts ... ?

Topic #2498 | Report this topic

Forbes 500  
Years ago

Jeff Brown

Reply #27970 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

On this topic i opened my draw and found a denver nuggets darnell mee rookie card!

Reply #27972 | Report this post

ShutUp!!  
Years ago

David Robinson, if only for taking the Admiral's name!

Reply #27973 | Report this post

Dissenting Vote  
Years ago

Paris McCurdy?

Reply #27977 | Report this post

coach k  
Years ago

Definately Paris McCurdy

Reply #27979 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Yep, def Paris McCurdy followed by the overhyped Jo Jo

Reply #27990 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Mod: This post is not available.)

Reply #27991 | Report this post

WAK  
Years ago

Nope, def Jeff Brown - totally unco!

Reply #27998 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

Jeff Brown was probably the worst as far as ability and performance.

Paris McCurdy comes in next.

Jo Jo English wasn't terrible but he disappointed because he came in late in the season as the supposed final piece of the Championship puzzle with big wraps and then was only average.

Reply #27999 | Report this post

WAK  
Years ago

Brown would also prob take the title for least amount of games by an 'import' before being put back on the plane.

Reply #28001 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Jo Jo did however roll one of the largest joints I have ever seen in my life - Im surprised he could get it in hs mouth let alone smoke the damm thing!

Reply #28013 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

1985 - Brian Devincenzi. Plain average so he was sent packing, replaced by some guy called Mark Davis (who apparently turned out to be pretty good).

Reply #28015 | Report this post

Grog Bog  
Years ago

Yeah, Devincenzi for me too. By the time the court announcer learnt to pronounce his name, he was back playing in the local league for westies.

Reply #28054 | Report this post

Bulldog  
Years ago

I have to give my vote to Jeff Brown. Don't know where we picked him up from.

On disappointing, Rick Brunson proved to be an absolute clown.

Being on an roster since obviously proves he has game, but I don't think he won any fans over here with his string of bad behaviour.

Oh and apparently he was worried about coming over here because he didnt think we spoke English!

Reply #28061 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

I think that you will find hat David Robinson actually turned out ok and averaged 20ppg and 10rpg

Reply #28063 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Paris McCurdy without a doubt

Reply #28075 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

yea my first thought was Paris McCurdy, he was pretty shocking.

I dont know how you could call Rick Brunson the 6ers worst import ever. He wasn't what the team needed, but was atleast solid. He is now proving himself a capable NBA backup PG for the Clips.

Reply #28098 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

I liked Brunson. He played with a passion which granted sometimes got the better of him, but he spat on Shane Heal so it wasn't all bad.

Reply #28102 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Whilst we're defending worst imports, I should stick up for Paris. Don Monson had a lot of time for Paris and widely acknowledged Paris did the job he was recruited for.

Plus the fact remains: no-one in history has ever set a screen like Paris. He used to kill guards in the backcourt with blind screens.

Reply #28171 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tyndale now..how do you get an import spot, let alone any spot, without having a jumpshot? Can you tell me please Scott??

Reply #211908 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

i assume you are OK with Julius Hodge though?

Reply #211918 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:18 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754