Punter
Years ago

Another youngster stepping up

Good to see Rory Craddock stepping up and being the leading scorer for West against South Saturday Night. He had 19 in 22 minutes. His Reserves form is carrying through to ABL. Keep up the good work.

Topic #2499 | Report this topic

Not-a-Bearcat  
Years ago

Someone was giving him sh*t on this forum recently ... Anyone care to admit they were a little hasty ?

Well done ..

Reply #27963 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

do you have a quote to proove that or are you just making that up?

Reply #27966 | Report this post

Punter  
Years ago

Not-a-Bearcat is correct there were a few people saying that he didn't have what it takes after to make it ABL level after he got 48 in the Reserves a couple weeks ago.

Reply #27967 | Report this post

Not-a-Bearcat  
Years ago

Thank you punter!

He got a lot of points in the reserves a few weeks ago and a few people were dissing him .. Good to see the guy getting it done in the ABA squad.

Statue of Liberty ..
Re: "do you have a quote to proove that or are you just making that up?"

i'm not from West so i dont have a bias issue here!

Reply #27980 | Report this post

realdyl  
Years ago

mate if you were at the west/south game u would have seen rory blow the 2 final west possessions. he took a rushed shot in the lane when it should have gone to phillips and south got the ball and in the final play took into the lane AGAIN and got a charge. thinks he is the man already. needs to earn stripes. crusher let him know about it too. reserves doesnt mean shit...no one plays anyway

Reply #27982 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

sick u le

what are your guys thoughts on the other gaurd who has been stepping up for a long time, spud.

When i saw U20 west play a friend of mine spud owned on the court. Hows he going in the ABA?

Btw i aint dissing anyone i think they are all good and got potential just thought if you had the quote you would probably have the guy who said it too

Reply #27984 | Report this post

Bearcat  
Years ago

Give Spud some time. He BURNT in the game against Sturt when no-one else could. West have a lot of youngsters (some with egos higher than their vertical leap), but there is only 1 way to learn- keep training and playing with the big boys. Sure, mistakes will come, but so will knowledge and experience. Who better than Crusher to give a spray? He works his arse off and hates to see a game go due to 'a rush of blood'
Still believe that Spud & Zac should get some more time though. They would score more too, if they took more shots

Reply #27986 | Report this post

ShutUp!!  
Years ago

"realdyl" I think your being a bit harsh on the young guy there. I too saw those plays, I eill agree that the shot was a bit rushed (and there was plenty of time on the shot clock) but that is mainly just a lack of experience there. And over the last few years there are a number of players who have hit Damian Scanlon in the keyway and turned the ball over. Good lessons learnt I would have thought. Yes it may not have helped West too much on Saturday night, but it well might over the next 10 years or so.
Also good to see the number of teenagers getting some court time in a close game (Mencel & Craddock for West, McKenzie, Williams & Bailey for South)

Reply #27987 | Report this post

Punter  
Years ago

Spud had a good game as someone above mentioned but since Rorys game in Reserves he seems to have picked up his ABL minutes and Spud has decreased. With a bit of luck they may both get some decent minutes as the season goes on as they both have loads of talent from the few times I have seen them

Reply #27997 | Report this post

observer  
Years ago

I was also at the game on sat night and saw an overall great contest. It was great to see both Mencel and Mckenzie step up for their respective teams in the last quarter  it shows they have the goods come crunch time. Yes, Rory did cough up the ball twice in the dying minutes, but is that his fault or is it the coach's fault for having a young, inexperienced point guard on the floor in the crucial moments and having his older, experienced point guard keeping the bench warm and toasty??? Spud and Zak will come along, just give them time....

Reply #28002 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i dont understand how some of you people would want to give this kid a hard time... he's stepped up big in a young team, and is taking it at the best in SA and doin really well. Lets remember.. it was only his 4th senior game. He did make an error down the strech.. but hey.. nothin a little bit of experience wont fix up. And as for Crusher yellin at him after... NO WAY. Nothin but positives down at bearcat land

Reply #28034 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

I agree with the above post. No way Crusher would have given him a spray. It would have been advice. There isn't a better team man in the L.

That said, why was Finchy on the bench? With Evans, Phillips and Nash on the floor, there are plenty of scorers.

Also, criticism of Rory is a bit harsh. He has only played 4 games. At a different club, in a different situation, he would have to earn his stripes. He's doing OK considering

Reply #28066 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i thought he did a good job on Kosmider and deserved to be in the game down the stretch!

Reply #28107 | Report this post

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

Doctor ..

"At a different club, in a different situation, he would have to earn his stripes"

Clear this one up for me ?

Reply #28118 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

He wouldn't be getting the court time this early, at say Forrestville or Sturt

Reply #28129 | Report this post

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

ok...

Reply #28134 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Anonymous, Kosmider had 18 points and 10 assists. Down the stretch, you would have Finch in. He's one of the best on-ball defenders around, and looks after the ball.

You have to have experience in down the stretch. Rory's inexperience showed on Saturday. That's not his fault. He should have been on the bench, or had clear instructions as to where the ball was going. In my opinion.

Maybe he did. Maybe Bobby and Dion had the confidence in him to take the last shot, and South just played solid D. If so, that's a testament to his game and the respect he's earned already. Good on him if that's the case

Reply #28135 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Anyone else reckon the State U20 team could have used him?

Reply #28140 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

thats another whole argument and has already been thrashed to death.

Reply #28141 | Report this post

lost  
Years ago

libertine can you inform me why scott lampshire wasnt in the norwood abl sqad last week?

Reply #28142 | Report this post

Punter  
Years ago

I don't think Scott has been in the ABL squad for any of the games to date.

Reply #28208 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:03 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754