SRT070
Years ago

SOS to do list.

please fix the following as it makes us look poor:

the toilet in the north eastern corner as its been broken for months now.

The leaking roof creating an internal water feature in the south eastern stand.

Get mop boys that can actually mop a floor

and bring back coopers.

Please add to the list fellow hoopsters

Topic #24993 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

wouldnt the first two be venue related not SOS?

Reply #308635 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

you have a point there i forgot about that. Well im guessing seeing as the bank owns it that wont be getting fixed anytime soon. The leaking roof is a serious oh&s issue tho. If someone slips heads will roll

Reply #308636 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The venue isn't owned by a bank

Reply #308637 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"The venue isn't owned by a bank"

Well it kinda is.
The Bank owns more of it that EG does.

Reply #308648 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haven't been to the Dome for a long time.
Have they fixed the terrible smell in the North Western Mens toilets yet ??

Reply #308649 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Bring back the rats.

Reply #308652 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

regardless of who owns the stadium it wont get fixed but pretty certain sos made a deal with the bank for use of the venue as they initially were going to try and buy it when EG was going bust.

No the smell still lingers.

Reply #308654 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SRT pretty sure you're wrong but agree its a moot point.

Whoever is responsible there are a lot of things that need fixing.

Reply #308657 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Iced Coffee runs out every 2nd game. MASSIVE issue. It is. It is!

But I'd rather sit at a bloody streetball court and enjoy a respectable team than go to a quality stadium and watch a rabble. Priorities.

Reply #308660 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think most of the the issues for SOS are to do with the team

Reply #308662 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

agree id rather see a winning sixers team on the street than a losing one in a good stadium however it appears we are getting a double negative. losing team and stadium that will be closing at this rate.

also on the to do list:

purchase schench or Burston, tonights game really showed how much we are missing in that department. id rather schench over angry man burston though

Reply #308671 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

Bring back Strong Iced Coffee. Seriously, after drinking that, the normal stuff just doesn't cut it.

Reply #308681 | Report this post

illicit  
Years ago

yeah Scensh would be awesome, Ballinger would benefit from it too. As soon as the ball goes to our defensive baseline/post up player we are cooked, we have NO INTERIOR D.

Burston showed us how bad it was tonight, 1/2 the time he was all by himself too.

And my beverage complaint is how in the hell can ya charge $9.50 for a Beam an Cola can that is insane.

Reply #308682 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

It's a facilities related thread dude.

Reply #308684 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

"You forgot to slay the dragon?"

"It's on my to do list"

Reply #308691 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

srt070:
The toilets are not broken, it's the fans tears and the roof isn't leaking that's the opposition pissing on us. Fix the team first and foremost cause most couldn't care less what dump they played in if they were successful.

Reply #308708 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Yea i agree, a winning team is the most important.

My to do list is something like this

1. Sign Schenscher and Magden,

2. Get better imports, this years crop has been our worse IMO, i like Shannon to start with but he has faded fast, why dont we send Phil over to the US pick imports, tell him it must be a fresh face, so no Horvaths or Chappells, and we need a SG/SF who can score and be a game winner and hope he gets the next Farley or Brooks, maybe send Cal Bruton with him, they both seem to pick the imports well, way better than Clarke has done, and even trial them against a few others if we can. Clarke would also need to be instructed to let them off the leash a bit (or run a free flowing offense ala Smyth or the tigers teams of old) and be able to play with some flair so they can perform without any restriction. We have Aussies like Bruce, Ballinger, Hill, Creek all would benefit from a free flowing fast moving offense.

Reply #308711 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Anon at 9.04 classic thoughts

Reply #308720 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

My concern with the stadium is that once we get our team sorted and we start winning games, the stadium will probably be ready to collapse and we could lose our whole team. that would suck!

Reply #308725 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

SRT 70 will we last that long as feel SOS are finance limited and its not happening for them.
Must be wondering if worth risk as nothing is a real positive at moment

Reply #308728 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

yeh i know what you mean. Unless we start winning, the fans wont be coming which means no cash. Sos have that as their main issue considering at the start of the year the objective was to make a finals appearance. I will keep my season ticket however i no longer get excited for games now as i know ill just leave disappointed as usual. We must get schencher back imo. If we get him that will be a massive positive. Somehow i think shannons plan of staying in the nbl past this season is looking bleak

Reply #308730 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Didnt they have schenscher signed and Marty didnt want him! Or is that he wanted too much $$, whatever the deal 6ers will pay for him now!!

Reply #308734 | Report this post

dud  
Years ago

Still no idea why Marty Clarke didnt get CJ massingale. Would of offered more than 80% of the imports in the nbl this season. so stupid, but at least i dont follow the 36ers

Reply #308740 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Without the best coach available the sixers will still live in 'gel' land and have a ready made excuse for failure, called the '3 year plan'. Top coaches have plans for the future but also have both feet planted in the here and now, demanding wins.

Forget pedigree and yesteryear, the lightning and sixers both have coaches firing handguns in a nuclear war. Both coaches had a big say in who played in the team and how it was structured and neither got it right. Don't spend a cent on players until you get the coach right because neither of them have the ability to get the best out of their troops.

Reply #308745 | Report this post

A.W  
Years ago

Completley agree on the CJ Massingale call, somebody please sign him!

Reply #308746 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I guess if massingale could play D and not b so selfish he would have an nbl spot.

Reply #308750 | Report this post

dud  
Years ago

Id barely call Massingale selfish. He is there to score points. His defence isnt the best, Ill agree to that. However there have been a few imports with no defence this year as well.

Reply #308759 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

How did this turn into a players thread??

Regarding the stadium, I just want a new bloody scoreboard. 4 of the screens that play the game in the SE corner would be bloody fantastic!

Reply #308761 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would like to know how were the Mavericks allowed to play district with only one proper court?One of the courts is concrete,the other slippery as hell with no seating and walls for bounderies,this certainly shouldnt be allowed at district level.

Reply #308776 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

So the crap courts at AHRC are the SOS problem?

Maybe start a new thread about the minimum standard required for district basketball.

Reply #308783 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Larger screen for the replays - the one before SOS took over was fine - this one is too small and you cant see it from the other end of the stadium....or are my eyes just getting worse?

Reply #308786 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Overall, I've been happy with SOS and think they are doing the right things to turn the Sixers around. They're not there yet though and for me that is 100% about the performance of the team. So the two things I would like to see are:

1) Marty gets the final say on every player on his team for next season. No ifs, buts, or anything else. Management selects the coach and they should then back his judgement.

2) The club needs to have a really close look at why we cannot land quality imports. Hodge is the only import we've had that has been up to scratch since Farley and he was a nob.

Reply #308791 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

scorebaord replacements require money.
That would be a venue responsibility i would think

Reply #308828 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:29 am, Sun 21 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754